|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Scholarships for Post Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 30, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Join us in Leeds, UK from 31 July-8 August for an exciting week of lectures and case studies exploring themes relating to sports and regeneration. Hosted by ACU member Leeds Trinity University, UK, ACU Summer School 2023 is a small and friendly event capped at 40 participants.
ACU Summer School is a transformative opportunity which connects students across the Commonwealth. Participants can expect:
- Talks by leading international speakers
- Engaging and challenging group project work
- Networking opportunities
- Intercultural sessions
- Skills development
You’ll also be able to enjoy field trips in the Leeds area and a final-day excursion to the historic city of York.
|SEE ALSO: University of Bristol Global Accounting and Finance Postgraduate Scholarship 2023|
In order to apply for ACU Commonwealth Summer School:
- The summer school is open to current postgraduate (Master’s and PhD) and final-year undergraduate students at ACU member universities.
- Applicants must not have previously traveled outside their home region. This requirement does not apply to students studying at member universities in the host country of the UK.
- The event is most appropriate for those who are not already studying a sports-related degree, but who have an interest in driving sustainability, community and well-being through sports.
- Students who have previously attended an ACU Summer School are not eligible to apply.
Benefits of ACU Postgraduate Training
The ACU will fund full participation in the programme, including:
- Field trips
- The final day trip
- Meals on campus
- On-campus accommodation in en-suite single rooms
In addition, successful applicants will receive funded return economy flights and airport pick-ups from Manchester airport.
|SEE ALSO: Study in Norway: BI Presidential Scholarships 2023-2024 for International Masters Students|
How to Apply
As part of the online application, you are required to submit a detailed academic reference from a lecturer or supervisor at your current university of study who is familiar with recent academic work. This must be submitted on official university headed paper and be signed and dated after 18 January 2022 and refer to your suitability to attend the Summer School.
You are also required to submit responses to the following questions:
- Explain how your interests and/or achievements, work experience, volunteering experience and studies fit with the theme of ‘Sport and regeneration: Driving sustainability, community and wellbeing’. Give at least one specific example of an activity or project you have been involved in which relates to the theme (150-250 words).
- Choose the sustainable development goal which best relates to the subject you are studying or researching.
- Explain why it is important that the global community addresses this goal using examples from your own country. (150-250 words).
- Describe your motivation for wishing to participate in the Summer School and both what you will contribute to and gain from the event (150-250 words).
- Describe how you plan to share the knowledge and experience gained at the Summer School with your university and community after the event. Give at least one specific example (150-250 words).
Students in the final year of their undergraduate degree who expect to move to postgraduate study, or those already studying for a postgraduate degree (full or part time) are eligible to apply to attend. Qualifying students from ACU member institutions will be eligible to apply for bursaries.
|⭐ Apply Next: Apply: Concordia University 2023 Undergraduate Scholarships|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.