|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In for (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Aug 31, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
This is the second call for applications for Community Journalism Fellowship Programme. We are especially interested in applications that aim to produce journalism focused on potential solutions with lasting impact towards effective public service delivery, grassroot development and improving the quality of life.
Community journalism holds the key to bridging the wide gap between Nigeria’s urban and rural areas with news, information, education and development, as most of the issues are underreported by the mainstream media, community journalists often turn the spotlight on them. This fellowship program will support community journalists with grants, capacity development and tools to produce in-depth data-driven stories that are investigative in nature on issues affecting communities in different parts of the country.
|SEE ALSO: Thomson Foundation Young Journalist Award 2022|
The programme will prioritize stories deep-diving into community health challenges, causes of hunger and extreme poverty, and more importantly stories of showing structural barriers women and girls face.The ADH Community Journalism Fellowship (ACJF) is an initiative of Orodata Science whose mission is to continue to democratize data, and knowledge towards solutions that impact the lives of millions.
- Applicants must be journalists based in Nigeria.
- The number of grants available is limited, therefore the first 10 – 20 pitches received will stand the best chance of being considered. Interested journalists are encouraged to pitch their stories from 21 July to 4 August 2022.
- Pitches must meet our selected theme.
- Pitches from freelance reporters and staff from all types of media organizations – international, national, local and community-based are encouraged to apply.
- The fellows will participate in a Data Journalism Bootcamp that will provide capacity building training on advanced investigative, data storytelling and mapping techniques. Journalists will also learn how to source, analyze and visualize data in engaging and compelling ways.
- The fellowship will provide a grant sum for each fellow to support their investigations.
- The fellows will also receive advisory from mentors to improve their journalistic skills and access to the entire ADH Community.
- The fellowship will provide editorial and technical support such as data research and analysis, data visualizations, infographics, and mapping for the stories produced by the fellows.
|SEE ALSO: Call for Applications: Harvard Radcliffe Institute Fellowships 2022/23|
How to Apply
Go to Africa Data Hub(ADH) on docs.google.com to apply
- All pitches must be no more than 250 words.
- The pitch should highlight the key issue you want to focus on, why it is relevant to the program and the extent to which it is under-reported.
- Applicants are expected to pitch stories in the communities in the states where they reside.
- Applicants are expected to participate in the 3 day Data Journalism Bootcamp online. Dates to be confirmed.
- Indicate why you are the right person to report it and the access you already have.
- Include a letter or email from the editor of a publication who is interested in publishing your story
|⭐ Apply Next: Aga Khan University (AKU) 2023 Medical Fellowship for African Medical Practitioners|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.