We are excited to announce the start of the African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) photo contest. Join the APNI challenge to use photography to shed light on plant nutrition research and development in Africa. Your contributions will help APNI provide a valuable forum and educational resource…and you may win a cash prize
The 2023 African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) Photo Contest is divided into two categories:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Category 1: Nutrient Deficiency Symptoms in Crops: Have you spotted a nutrient deficiency symptom in a crop? It’s a perfect opportunity to take a moment to capture it for the contest. APNI is looking for well-framed examples that they can publish with full credit to the photographer.
- Category 2: Plant Nutrition Research in Action: As a practitioner of the agricultural sciences, you often have the opportunity to be involved or observe the implementation and development of improved plant nutrition practices. They are looking forward to receiving your vivid images of African research in action as well as the results of impactful research on crop productivity, environmental protection, and the local community. They have chosen three themes to tag submissions under this category with:
- Climate & Weather Smart Plant Nutrition
- Soil Health & Improved Livelihoods
- Precision Nutrient Management.
|SEE ALSO: 500px 2023 Global Photography Awards (cash prize of $2,000)
- All photos must be from within Africa.
- Photos must be at least 1 MB in size to submit.
- Up to five (5) photos will be accepted per person.
Benefits of APNI Photo Contest
- Winners in each category will receive the cash award plus a certificate of acknowledgement.
How to Apply
Go to African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) on www.apni.net to apply
- Photos must include a unique caption, which includes a description of the photo’s subject, the location in which it was taken, when it was taken (month and year if possible), and how it is related to the contest category.
- Nutrient deficiency images should be supported by a short description of the symptoms. If you have any background on how the crop was managed or any analytical data, include that in your description for the benefit of others and to help the evaluation.
|SEE ALSO: Hektoen International Medical Student Essay Contest 2023
- High-resolution, high-quality photos. The file size should be at least 1 MB.
- Uncompressed photos are preferred.
- Accepted formats: high-quality JPG, JPEG, or PNG.
- No submissions with a logo or time stamp visible on the photo will be accepted.
Begin your Registration
Have you read the instructions above carefully? Great. Now, below is the registration button, and the official page link for more info. Good luck.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.