|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Grants & Fundings for Post Graduates, Researchers (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Oct 03, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Getty Scholar Grants are for established scholars, or individuals who have attained distinction in their fields. Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free from work-related obligations, make use of Getty collections, join their colleagues in a weekly meeting devoted to an annual research theme or the African American Art History Initiative, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
|SEE ALSO: Google Image Equity Fellowship 2022 ($20,000 In Funding)|
- Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Applicants who received their degree after September 1, 2016, should apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Scholar Grants. Recent recipients who have received a Getty Scholar award within the past three years may be removed from consideration.
Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months*:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to April, April to June: $21,500
- Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $43,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
*AAAHI Fellowships are limited to nine-month residency terms, and are granted $65,000 stipends.
Please see important information about the terms of these grants here
The grant also includes an office at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and an available healthcare option. These terms apply as of June 2022 and are subject to future changes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply at Getty Foundation on www.getty.edu
Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Getty Scholar grant application form, along with the attachments described below, by the deadline.
- Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate (1) how the project bears upon the scholar year theme* and (2) how the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
*Applicants for the AAAHI Fellowship are not required to work on the scholar year theme, but rather should describe their focus on African American art and cultural history.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional Writing Sample
|SEE ALSO: Heinrich Böll Foundation Grants and Scholarships 2022/23|
For the best user experience, we strongly recommend use of the Google Chrome browser. You may also use Firefox or Safari. The Internet Explorer 11 (IE) browser is not fully compatible with our portal.
You may return to your work at any time by visiting the portal at the link above and logging into your account.
Please note: Once you have created and saved an application form, be sure to return to work on the same form by selecting the “Applications: In Progress” link to return to your saved application. Otherwise, you may inadvertently create multiple versions of the same application.
Please address inquiries to the following:
Attn: Getty Scholar Grants
Phone: (310) 440-7374
|⭐ Apply Next: NASW Peggy Girshman Idea Grant Program 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.