|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Literary/Art Contests for Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 01, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Are you a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 18 years and above? Are you skillful in writing short stories? Then apply for the Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2022. The award will be granted for the best piece of unpublished short fiction (2000-5000) words.
Regional winners of the Commonwealth Prize will each receive £2,500 and the opportunity to be published online by Granta magazine, and the overall winner receives £5,000.
|SEE ALSO: Green Stories Adult Novel Writing Competition | Prize: £300 – £400|
The Commonwealth Short Story Prize was launched with a global reach across five continents, the prize seeks out talented writers and brings stories from new and emerging voices to an international audience. The Prize attracts between 5,000 and 6,000 entries each year from almost all of the 54 countries of the Commonwealth. Stories often come from countries with little or no publishing infrastructure and from places that are marked by geographical, geopolitical or economic isolation.
To be eligible for the Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2022, applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country.
- Must be aged 18 years and above.
- Entries can be submitted in English, Bengali, Chinese, English, French, Greek, Kiswahili, Malay, Portuguese, Samoan, Tamil and Turkish as well as the Creole languages of the Commonwealth.
- Regional winners will receive £2,500 and their stories published online on Granta.
- One of the regional winners will be selected as the overall winner and receives £5,000.
- Through submission to the Prize, writers also gain access to opportunities to take part in other Commonwealth Writer’s activities, and be featured in Commonwealth Writer’s online magazine.
|SEE ALSO: Kemper Human Rights Education Essay Contests|
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants for the Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2022 are to submit their online entry on or before the application deadline. Entries should be unpublished story between 2000-5000 words in the eligible languages.
|⭐ Apply Next: No upcoming opportunity in this category ( See all opportunities )|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.