|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Scientists (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 31, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
EPSO wishes to encourage the development of ideas and imaginative thinking in the plant sciences and, therefore, offers two awards to young scientists to attending the Science Day of the EPSO General Meeting to be held in a city of a member (in Europe) in June 2023.
EPSO, the European Plant Science Organisation, is an independent academic organisation currently representing 70 institutional members bringing together more than 200 research institutes, departments and universities from 31 countries in Europe and beyond. EPSO’s mission is to improve the impact and visibility of plant science in Europe. EPSO’s top priorities are to provide advice on science policy towards a strategic approach and critical mass funding for basic and applied research across Europe, to coordinate research activities at the national and European levels – and beyond, and to facilitate the understanding of plant science.
- They should be working on either fundamental or applied aspects of research on plants.
- Applications are invited from PhD students.
|SEE ALSO: WWSF Prize 2023 for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life ($1,000 prize)|
Benefits of EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award
- The awards will cover registration (waived by the Local Host) and travel (economy, max. €400, reimbursed by EPSO) to the meeting and will include the opportunity to present a lecture on the winner’s research during a plenary session of the Science Day;
- Each awardee will receive €200 from EPSO.
Awards will be chosen based on submitted abstracts. The selection criteria will be:
- The novelty of the idea or approach being taken
- The potential of the research to improve understanding or outcomes in the selected field of plant science
- The clarity with which the problem or research topic is conveyed to a non-specialist plant scientist.
|SEE ALSO: WIN WIN Gothenburg Sustainability Youth Award 2023|
How to Apply
Go to European Plant Science Organisation(EPSO) on epsoweb.org to apply
PhD students wishing to apply should submit the completed Application Form which includes as well their abstract and their short curriculum vitae. The EPSO jury will select two winners, one from the fundamental research category, the other from the applied research category.
Applicants can be nominated by others, and to be eligible they should be working in an institute/university that has EPSO institutional membership (check online). Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EPSO Young Plant Scientist Award 2023”
For more details,visit EPSO
|⭐ Apply Next: BBC News 2023 Komla Dumor Award for African Journalists|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.