|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jul 31, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The competition is organized by the Poetry Society. You must be aged between 11-17 years old on the date of the deadline 31 July 2023.
Entries will be accepted from anywhere in the world.
The Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award is an opportunity for any young person aged 11-17 to accelerate their writing career. Since it was founded in 1998, the Award has kick-started the career of some of today’s most exciting new voices, such as Sarah Howe, Jay Bernard, Helen Mort, Richard Osmond, Caroline Bird, Phoebe Stuckes and many more poets from across the world. With entries from over 6,600 young people last year from across the UK and worldwide, it is the largest competition of its kind and its importance is widely attested.
SEE ALSO: Pen to Print Poetry Competition 2023
- Young poets can submit poems on any theme, of any length and of any style.
- Poems must be written in English.
- Poems must be the original work of the author and cannot have been published anywhere.
- The competition is free to enter.
- The top 15 winners will have their poems printed in the winners’ print anthology, 25,000 copies of which are distributed to school, libraries and poetry enthusiasts.
- The top 15 winners will be invited to attend a life-changing residential writing course at one of the prestigious Arvon Centres, or receive alternative sustained mentoring from a professional poet.
- The 85 commended poets will have their work published in an online anthology and their names in the print anthology.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: AfriLabs Africa Youth SDG innovation Award 2023|
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.