|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Dec 31, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Student Energy Summit 2023, in partnership with IRENA and Youth 4 Sustainability (Y4S), a Masdar initiative, is pleased to announce the launch of a video contest focused on the theme Reimagining the Future with Renewable Energy.
Participants are asked to submit a video in one of two categories:
- In which ways are you concretely advancing the transition to a future with renewable energy sources in your community?
- What is your country/region/city/community doing to advance the transition to a future with renewable energy sources?
|SEE ALSO: Open for Entries: World Press Photo 2023 Contest for Photographers|
- Open to contestants between 18-30 years old from all over the world.
- Video entry must clearly and creatively address the above mentioned theme in 60 seconds or less.
- Submissions are limited to one video per individual.
- The video should be in English, or if created in another language must include English subtitles.
- Being fully cognizant of cultural aspects around the world, it is not mandatory that the youth shows the face in the video.
- Young people, especially those from low-income countries and living in areas most impacted by digital divide, may lack access to advanced video-making technologies. Therefore, there is no specific requirement for the video to be of high quality or resolution.
- Submissions depicting violence, sexism, racism or containing content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating or disrespectful to any groups, individuals or institutions will be disqualified. Submissions must adhere to the norms of civil discourse and be suitable for a global public audience.
Benefits of SES Video Contest
- The winner(s) of the video contest will:
- Receive fully-funded participation in the Student Energy Summit 2023 in Abu Dhabi in November 2023.
- Be invited to virtually participate in a panel at the Youth Hub at the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2023.
- The top videos will be presented at the 2023 IRENA Youth Forum, the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2023 and Student Energy Summit 2023 and circulated on social media.
|SEE ALSO: Stanbic IBTC 2022 FUZE Festival for Fashion Designers & Tech Innovators (win N32m grand prize)|
A selection committee made up of representatives from Student Energy Summit 2023, IRENA and Masdar will evaluate the submissions based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the theme: the video clearly and creatively represents the theme of Reimagining the Future with Renewable Energy through positive youth perspectives.
- Originality and creativity: The content is unique and not derivative of other ideas and presents the theme in an original and compelling way.
- Potential viewer impact: The video conveys personal or aspirational thoughts that are inspiring to viewers, especially young people, and that can be applicable in practice by other youth.
How to Apply
You can enter the contest by uploading a video of maximum 60 seconds addressing the contest theme on Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #SES2023VideoContest and tagging Student Energy Summit 2023 (@ses.2023 on Instagram and @ses2023 on Twitter).
The youth video contest will be open for submissions between December 1-31, 2022.
|⭐ Apply Next: Green Spaces in the City: Flash Fiction and Poetry Competition 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.