|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Literary/Art Contests for Writers & Poets (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 31, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
We welcome submissions from new and emerging writers with East and South-East Asian heritage and those from the British East and South-East Asian communities in the UK. Applicants need to be over eighteen. This competition is opened to writers of any ability or experience, and our new writing initiative will support you throughout your script development.
|SEE ALSO: 2022 St. Gallen Symposium Global Essay Competition For Young Leaders|
In our fourth season, the winning playwright will receive £1000 prize fee and their play will be produced, financed and toured by Red Dragonfly, in association with Grist to the Mill, to various festivals and theatres around England from May to July 2022.
This year we are looking for ideas and submissions, which can be developed into a full length 1 hour play. As before, the subject of which can be anything you want – from something contemporary to more traditional folk and fairy tales. The play should be in the English language and written for a cast of up to four actors – although they can double up on characters if you want – and workable with a minimal set, however do not let this restrict your imagination – it’s amazing what can be accomplished on a stage with very little.
In the first round, we will review all submissions and select up to ten successful applicants to a free one day workshop with published playwright and dramaturg Ross Ericson. Applicants will then continue to be mentored, and have one-to-one script development sessions, either face-to-face or via zoom, with Ericson before the winner is selected.
- Successful participants will receive invitations to our workshop by 13th February 2022.
- Workshop location, time and date to-be-confirmed and travel will be provided – depending on applicants’ bases.
- Script development one-to-one sessions: through-out March 2022
- Winner will be announced at the end of March 2022.
- Prize: £1000. Red Dragonfly will produce and tour the winning play at festivals and venues in 2022.
- In April 2022, the Winner will continue to work on the final draft with our dramaturg, and production and rehearsals will take place.
- The play will be showcased at Fringe and Theatre festivals and regional venues from May to July 2022.
|SEE ALSO: VI International Playwriting Contest|
How to Apply
To enter please submit to us a full description of your idea – in English, no longer than one A4 page, but make sure your story has a beginning, a middle and an end – along with your name, ethnicity, your location in the UK, contact email, and any access requirements. We will only accept submissions by email to the following address email@example.com
|⭐ Apply Next: Taking Flight New Writing Competition 2022|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.