|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Undergraduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Dec 31, 2022 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The challenge is launched as part of the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence, in an effort to engage young voices in advocating for women’s rights online. Through its #bodyright campaign, UNFPA wants to ensure that women and girls can express themselves freely online and access these resources without fearing violence and abuse.
The TransformU Student bodyright challenge is a social media challenge for students of universities globally, including but not limited to individual students, youth associations, student groups and networks, youth advocacy groups to develop creative and engaging content on the theme of bodyright. The challenge will serve to create awareness on the issues related to online violence against women and girls. The winner will have the chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to New York City to attend a global advocacy event at the UN Secretariat.
|SEE ALSO: Biomimicry Institute Youth Design Challenge Worldwide|
It’s simple – Create original and creative content promoting awareness on the dangers of online violence. Post it to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, tag UNFPA and #bodyrightchallenge and stand the chance to win a trip for 2 to New York City!
- The challenge is open to registered students at the university level globally.
- Students must be able to prove their affiliation to a university or institution of higher learning by submitting their proof of registration where required.
- Participants are allowed to submit multiples entries
Benefits of UNFPA TransformU Student Bodyright Challenge
- One student participant from the challenge will be selected as the winner of the challenge. As a reward, the winner will receive:
- Two round-trip tickets to New York City*
- Hotel accommodation for two in New York City
- Two tickets to an exclusive event taking place at the United Nations in 2023
- Coverage of Visa application fee costs
- Repost of winning content and recognition on UNFPA’s social media platforms
- Winners will be announced in January 2023
*Please note that the grand prize is conditional on the winner being eligible to receive a United States Visa.
|SEE ALSO: Open for Entries: World Press Photo 2023 Contest for Photographers|
How to Apply
- To enter the challenge, students are required to post a photo or reel to social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok and Twitter), reflecting their creative expression of the bodyright campaign. The post is required to raise awareness on the issue of online abuse, bodily autonomy and the bodyright campaign.
- Submissions can include original multimedia content sharing information about bodyright or the topic of online abuse affecting young people. Participants are encouraged to create content that is creative, innovative and engaging on any aspect of the bodyright campaign.
- Post(s) can include photos, videos, skits, coffee art, illustrations, animations, etc. or any form of creative expression about bodyright and online abuse more broadly.
- Content should ideally reference information from the bodyright campaign and/or feature the bodyright logo.
- Content must be unique and the original work of the student submitting the entry
Where to enter:
- The challenge will take place on social media platforms including Instagram; Twitter and Facebook.
- All entry posts must include a tag of the @UNFPA account and include these two hashtags:
|⭐ Apply Next: Green Spaces in the City: Flash Fiction and Poetry Competition 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.