|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Awards & Prizes for Journalists (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Feb 01, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Livingston Awards for Young Journalists were established in 1981 to recognize outstanding reporting and bolster the careers of journalists under the age of 35. For more than four decades, the Livingston Awards have identified exceptional young journalists and the next generation of newsroom leaders.
Each year, prizes of $10,000 each are presented in local, national and international reporting. Winners are selected by our panel of judges, who share a longtime commitment to our program and are highly respected for their achievements in journalism.The Livingston Awards invite print, online, video, audio and data visualization entries.
Winning the award helps talented young reporters develop the confidence and the institutional backing to continue producing ambitious projects. National recognition leads winners to new stories, new audiences and new career opportunities.
|SEE ALSO: American University Human Rights Essay Award 2023(Fully-funded to Washington D.C. USA)|
- Entrants must be 34 years of age or younger as of December 31, 2022.
- Multiple bylines are eligible, but all must meet the age criteria.
- One entry per individual is accepted. One entry can be a single piece or a maximum of three pieces either from a published series, an original piece and its follow-up developments or three pieces clearly tied together in a beat. All pieces of the series must be published by the same organization.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that a media organization can submit, provided that they enter only one entry per reporter.
- Individuals may apply on their own, or be entered by their organization.
- Print, online, video, audio and data visualization work are eligible. Still photography is not eligible.
- The work must appear in U.S.-controlled media. Entrants are not required to be U.S. citizens.
- Entries must be directly related to current events or include new information about old events. Features and commentary are eligible.
- Submissions must consist of materials prepared in the ordinary course of the journalist’s professional production. Materials prepared by journalists specifically for submission to the Livingston Awards do not qualify.
- Student media are not eligible.
- Competition is limited to work published or appearing during the calendar year ending December 31, 2022.
- The Livingston Awards reserves the right to use any part or whole of any entered piece for publicity or educational purposes.
- Winners will participate in an outreach event arranged by the Livingston Awards.
|SEE ALSO: Call for Nominations: MSAF Mahathir Science Award 2023|
Benefits of University of Michigan Livingston Awards
- Prizes of $10,000 will be presented in three categories: local, national and international reporting. There is no entry fee. Prize money is paid directly to the journalists, not the media organizations.
How to Apply
- To apply, you will create a free account on Submittable. You can save your information and return to the entry form at any time before your final submission.
- You will be asked to enter the media organization and the title of the piece or series you are entering.
- You will be asked to enter the region of your entry. Select your region according to the city/state of the media organization that published/aired your entry. For example, if you live in California and your entry was published by a media organization based in Washington, D.C., your region is Mid-Atlantic. To find your region, click here.
|⭐ Apply Next: BBC News 2023 Komla Dumor Award for African Journalists|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.