|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In General Competitions for Africans (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jan 10, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Youth Leadership Competition is organised as a component of the African Leadership Forum (ALF) to provide a space for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership and sustainable development.
In each contest, African citizens between the age of 18 and 25 are asked to write about their perspectives on leadership as it relates to a theme tied to the ALF.
The essays are rigorously evaluated on the basis of originality, organisation, creativity, appropriateness to contest theme and the use of language. The winners get the opportunity to participate in the ALF plenary session and receive their awards at a prize-giving ceremony – in the presence of distinguished delegates from the forum.
Essay Topic: If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in the Continent?
|SEE ALSO: Stanbic IBTC 2022 FUZE Festival for Fashion Designers & Tech Innovators (win N32m grand prize)|
- Up to five winners will be selected. Winners will be asked to create posters to visually describe their ideas. The posters will be showcased at the ALF.
- Winners will receive their awards at a prize giving ceremony to be held during the ALF Gala Dinner on 23 February, 2023. The ceremony will be attended by senior leaders from across Africa, representing public, private and third sectors.
- A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner, and they will be asked to read their essay at the dinner event.
- Selected winners residing outside Ghana will be required to have valid travel documents for travel. UONGOZI Institute will cover the costs related to their travel, including visa fees, air ticket and accommodation.
Benefits of UONGOZI Institute Youth Leadership Competition
- Young Africans between the age of 18 and 25.
- All essays must be typed. The minimum length is 500 words, and the maximum is 700 words. The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54 cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
|SEE ALSO: Dell Technologies Envision the Future Graduation Project Competition 2022|
- Applicants must also submit a written statement of originality and ownership of intellectual property rights. Download a template here.
- Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropriateness to contest theme.
|⭐ Apply Next: Green Spaces in the City: Flash Fiction and Poetry Competition 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.