|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Three winners have emerged in the 2020 UBA National Essay Competition, Eshiet Abasiekeme of Bright Stars Model Secondary School, Uyo came first in the competition, Mofoluwake Adesanya of Spring Forte-Lead College, Lagos came second and Habeebah Abdulganiyy of the International School University of Lagos came third.
In a series of tweets that surfaced in the official handle of UBA, the bank said, “Congratulations to Eshiet Abasiekeme of Bright Stars Model Secondary School, Uyo for coming in 1st place in the 2020 edition of the National Essay Competition. Eshiet has earned a scholarship worth N2,500,000 to attend an African University of her choice.“
“Mofoluwake Adesanya of Spring Forte-Lead College, Lagos came in 2nd place and Habeebah Abdulganiyy of International School University of Lagos came in 3rd place, both earning scholarships worth N2,000,000 and N1,500,000 respectively.”
This is organized annually, as part of the UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
This generated over 12,000 essay entries from students across the nation. Out of the 12,000 plus essays, 12 students were picked as finalist to write another stage of the competition
The students are
- Habeebah Abdulganiyy – International School, University of Lagos – Age 14
- Tamarapreyepreye Diamaro – Eyes of the Future School – Age 16
- Enobong Flourish David – Federal Government Girls College – Age 15
- Abasiekeme Eshiet – Bright Stars Model Secondary Schools – Age 14
- Ehibor Favour – District Senior College Meiran – Age 15
- Mofoluwake Adesanya – Spring Forte-Lead College -Age 15
- Light E.C. Chukwuma – Our Lady of Fatima College – Age 16
- Marilyn Anya Ibem – Topfaith International School – Age 14
- Melvin-Damian Uchenna Ozoke – Federal Government Academy – Age 16
- Regina Ugochukwu Nwabueze – De-Young Comprehensive College – Age 14
- Stephen Godsgrant Uzezi – Jakande Comprehensive Senior College – Age 15
- Emenugha Hannah Amarachi – Starville School – Age 14
Congratulations to Eshiet Abasiekeme of Bright Stars Model Secondary School, Uyo for coming in 1st place in the 2020 edition of the National Essay Competition. Eshiet has earned a scholarship worth N2,500,000 to attend an African University of her choice. #UBANEC #NEC2020 pic.twitter.com/7okCN5IORE— UBA Foundation (@UBAFoundation) November 24, 2020
UBA also appreciated all students that put forward an entry for this competition. “We’d also like to appreciate the 12,000+ young Nigerian students that submitted essays. We enjoyed reading them and hope you apply again next year.”
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.