|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students. UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has commenced the 2020 edition of its annual National Essay Competition in Nigeria with a call for entries.
Now in its 10th year, the National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
There are thousands of secondary school students today in Nigeria who have what it takes to achieve academic excellence but pray day and night to get sponsors because of their family financial struggle. If you are such a student or you have a friend like that; UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 is here saying ‘Yes’ to your dreams.
Target Group: Secondary School Students
Host: UBA Group
Deadline: October 2nd 2020
Mode of Application: Online, Mail, Bank Branches.
See other opportunities: Visit our archive
The National essay competition, targeted at senior secondary school students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of the UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
However, the competition is a key aspect of our investment drive in human capital, as we seek to improve the knowledge base, allow students to express themselves and write creatively. Hence, they continue to sustain the initiative because education is very important
It is important to note that apart from Nigeria, the national essay competition has been taken to other African countries including Ghana and Senegal. More countries including Mozambique and Kenya will kick off the initiative this year.
A unique component of this year’s edition is that schools that turn in the highest number of entries will be recognized and rewarded a special prize by the Foundation.
Furthermore, National Essay Competition provides the opportunity for students in secondary schools across the country to put in their entries and to win prizes in the form of educational grants to study in any university of their choice on the African continent.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment
- Following this, the second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
“DO YOU THINK THAT THE LOCKDOWN DURING THE
COVID-19 PANDEMIC WAS AN ESSENTIAL MEASURE IN
SPITE OF THE HARDSHIP IT BROUGHT ECONOMICALLY?
WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY AND WHY?”
- The first prize for the UBA National Essay Competition is a N2.5 million educational grant,
- Second Prize is N2 million educational grants
- Third prizes is N1.5 million educational grants
How to apply
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address)
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Click here to submit.
Send through Post to
UBA House (15th Floor)
Drop-Off at any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation.
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.