In line with the vision statement, which is “to aspire to a world where Sustainable Development, centred on human capacity-building, is a reality for all”, OFID provides the opportunity of an Internship Program for students from diverse academic backgrounds to build their capacity by enriching their educational experience through practical day-to-day work in an International Organization.
Application Deadline: 1st October 2020
Eligible Countries: Available to all nationality
To Be Taken At (Country): Austria
About the OFID Internship Programme
In-line with the particular activities of the departments/units/group within OFID, the area of the program will include developmental economy; project financing; grants; financial management (investment/treasury and accounting/control); human resource; administration and protocol; public relation and information; legal; as well as information technology.
Eligibility for OFID Internship Programme
The program is open to all applicants, between 20 and 30 years of age, university students who are about to graduate or who have just graduated from university (undergraduate program), with preference given to citizens of OFID’s Member Countries (Please see the full list of OFID Member Countries).
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: As the program is intended to be a learning experience, the interns will not receive any remuneration whatsoever, including reimbursement of costs of visas, travel, accommodation, and living expenses, as well as any transportation costs incurred in connection with their commuting to OFID’s Headquarters during the program.
Duration of Program: 3 months.
How to Apply for OFID Internship Programme
The selected candidate must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy in Austria or a similar arrangement under or in accordance with which the candidate will be fully medically covered during the duration of the program. S/he must also be requested to supply the following documents to be sent to personnel[at]ofid.org:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Copy of University Degree or equivalent OR an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the enrolment of the applicant as an undergraduate student at the said university/school
- Copy of up-to-date university transcripts showing the cumulative GPA
- A short essay in English (about 150-250 words) outlining the applicant’s motivation for seeking an internship under the Program.
- For the purpose of effectiveness, OFID will only accept applications from qualified candidates who complete the official online Internship Application Form.
You may find it helpful to print out a copy of the relevant Instructions for Completing the Internship Application before proceeding.
Note: All applications must be completed in English.