The Editorial DALYA calls for submission for the IV International Playwriting Contest, for plays directed at audiences between the ages of 12 and 21.
The contest’s aim is to “encourage authors in the creation of bold and powerful plays for young people.”
The contest closes December 15, 2019. The play is in two categories, Category A and Category B.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
• Writers from anywhere in the world are eligible to submit.
• Writers must be writing.
How to Apply:
• Submit a play that is written in any European official language.
• In Category A, the play must be between 60-120 minutes long when staged; in Category B, the play must be no less than thirty minutes and no more than an hour.
• The play must be directed at audiences between the ages of 12 and 21.
• The play must be new, original, and previously unpublished in any form. •There is no entry fee.
• Each entrant can submit as many as three plays.
• The document must contain a front page stating :
—The title of the play,
—The contest category,
—The contact email.
• Note that the author’s name must not be included on the document to make for a fair selection.
• Submit here: ytpwc.edalya.com
• Category A: 5000€ (3500€ in cash, plus publication of the play and its translation and the hosting of its public reading).
• Category B: 3500€ (a cash prize of 1000€, plus the publication of the play and its translation and the hosting of its public reading).
Best of luck.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Compiled by Bello Sodiq