The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected all of humanity, especially people who belong to vulnerable groups.
In particular, women, LGBT+ persons, sex workers, and people living with disabilities have faced increased barriers to healthcare, loss of jobs, homelessness, poverty, and discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, sex characteristics, among others.
In response to this, TIERs has created the Covid-19 Relief Diversity Fund, to provide need-based financial assistance to eligible persons.
This fund is targeted at reducing the effects of the pandemic by providing one-time interventions for emergencies, including accommodation, healthcare (including mental health) needs, feeding, transportation and other similar needs.
|SEE ALSO: Hands-On Grant Application 2021 (Age Between 18 – 35 years)/ Apply Now|
Who can benefit from this fund?
- To access this fund, applicants must belong to at least one of the following vulnerable groups;
- LGBTQI+ persons
- Women living with disabilities
- Female sex workers
Do I need to pay back the funds?
- This relief fund is a grant, and not a loan. Applicants only need to be eligible and satisfy the requirements to be awarded a sum under this grant.
- Applicants may only benefit from the fund once. This is to enable us to reach other community members who also need help.
Who/what CANNOT be funded?
- Voluntary, charitable and non-profit ventures
- Hosting parties or other events
- Gifts and other donations to third parties
- Beneficiaries of the EDGE Fund
How soon can I expect a response after I apply
- Applications will be collated and reviewed by the Review Board every 72 hours. Please expect a decision about your application within 72 hours.
- Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed of their status at a maximum of 72 hours.
I still have more questions, who can I contact?
- Please only Text/ WhatsApp or email to discuss an application or for further guidance.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +234 814- 633- 7128
How to Apply
Please use the link below to apply.