|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The World Bank ACECoR Scholarship 2020/2021 is now receiving applications from young African scholars who want to study at the University of Cape Coast.
The Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) established under the World Bank Africa Centre of Excellence (ACE) for Development Impact Project and hosted by the Centre for Coastal Management, University of Cape Coast, Ghana, invites suitably qualified national, regional and international applicants into its MPhil and PhD degree programmes.
The overarching goal of ACECoR is to support technical capacity development of young African professionals to address issues of coastal degradation, as well as promote the sustainable utilization and management of marine and coastal assets within the sub-region. ACECoR will carry out education and research programs in collaboration with academic institutions and industries at the national, regional and international levels to ensure a multi- and interdisciplinary approach to addressing coastal degradation across the sub-region.
Target Group: Young African Scholars
Host: World Bank
Deadline: 30th September, 2020
Mode of Application: Online
See other opportunities: Visit our archive
World Bank ACECoR Scholarship Objectives
The specific objectives of ACECoR are to:
- Enhance capabilities of young African scholars in the thematic areas of Coastal Geomorphology and Engineering, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Disaster Risk Management and Migration, Ecosystems and Biodiversity Science and Blue Economy, Governance and Social resilience.
- Provide demand-driven applied research data and innovation for relevant industries and sectors in above themes.
- Develop regional data support systems on marine and coastal issues.
- Create multi-sectoral networks for marine and coastal for integrated approach to resolving coastal degradation in West Africa.
- Provide career development for faculty through international exchange programme and in- service training.
World Bank ACECoR Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants must qualify for admission to master’s and doctorate programmes at the University of Cape Coast. All programmes run at ACECoR are hosted in specific academic departments within UCC and have separate application procedures from the scholarship which is provided by the Centre. It is therefore important for prospective applicants to note that application into the programmes is independent from application for scholarship.
- For the 2020/21 scholarship application process, applicants are not required to apply to University of Cape Coast before applying for ACECoR scholarships. However, all successful applicants will have to complete the UCC admission process and be admitted to qualify for the award of scholarship.
How to Apply for World Bank ACECoR Scholarship
To apply to ACECoR for scholarship, fill the online scholarship application form and upload the required documents. Omission of any of the documents will be deemed incomplete application and not considered.
Prepare these documents for your application.
- Confirmation page of application to UCC for the selected programme
- Certified true copies of academic certificates and transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Motivation
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (at least one from a former lecturer/supervisor)
- A 2-3 (for MPhil) or 3-5 (for PhD) page research proposal in the preferred area of research
Begin application here. Access their official page here.
For further inquiries on scholarships at ACECoR, please contact the ACECoR Academic Coordinator, Dr. Isaac Okyere on email@example.com , or the ACECoR Assistant Registrar on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also drop your questions as comment down this page.
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.