> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members.
We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, mobilizing capital in international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of administrative officer at World Bank Group.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
|SEE ALSO: Graduate Job at Providus Bank
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the outsourced administrative services for the office, including regular and periodical needs for housekeeping services, agency, office cleaning services, cafeteria services, airlines corporate agreements, drinking water supply and office coffee/tea service, amongst others.
- Ensure efficient, smooth, and consistent internal administration environment in the office by assisting and advising staff regarding the office’s administrative policies/procedures i.e., leave administration, time recording system, travel etc.
- Ensure internal comfort of staff and visitors at the workplace premises.
- Supervision of the country office mail/pouch room, mail courier services and office stationery supplies.
- Propose and implement automation of mail room services and pouch shipments workflow for the Nigeria office and integrate the eService system with the Country Office Pouch Service System, car hire service requisitions, business card order and supply of stationery available in the eservices system.
- Participate in the Regional Office Management Team by providing advice and guidance on all administrative-related matters in the Office.
- Be part of the Country Office Emergency Response Team to guide and advise on administrative matters during emergencies.
- Implement the telephone and telecommunications policy, including charge back processes.
- Build and maintain good working relationships among internal and external clients of the Bank and administration unit.
- Implement the Bank and the region’s administrative policies such as travel policy; manage programs to achieve policy compliance, as well as balance of cost efficiency and business needs being met.
- Responsible for archived records management and document storage as per WBG policies and procedures, including the disposal process/incineration.
- Interact and provide administrative advice and other support to other World Bank Offices in the sub-region as needed from time to time.
- Budget Management – Develop annual administrative capital and operating expenditure plans and budgets and carry out periodic variance analyses.
- Automation – Champion the implementation and use of the Accounts payable procurement, material, and logistics SAP modules, ensuring uptake and institutionalization within the Bank and gaining of all necessary operational efficiencies.
- Physical Assets Registers – Implement a Bank-wide physical asset tracking and management system in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Physical Assets Operation and Maintenance – Ensure all Bank assets and vehicles are well maintained and kept in good operating condition.
- Physical Assets Disposal – Coordinate asset disposal processes.
- Insurance – Put in place and maintain adequate insurance cover to protect the Bank and Bank assets against all sorts of operating risks.
- Inventory Management – Implement an Office-wide and centralized stores management system for the Bank’s supplies and consumables.
- Front Desk Management – Oversee the management of the Bank’s reception (front desk) and call center activities.
- Meeting Management – Implement an Office-wide and professional meeting room reservation and management system.
- Laissez Passer and ID cards – Coordinate issuance and administering of Bank Laissez Passer and other identification documents and security access badges.
- Telecommunication System – Oversee the management of the Banks telecommunication and audio-visual systems.
- Mail Management – Implement an Office-wide professional and efficient mail, courier and faxes management system.
- Shipments – Coordinate inbound and outbound shipments.
- Records – Support implementation of a Bank-wide standardized filing, indexing, archiving and document management system for both hard copies and electronic records.
- Printing Management – Oversee the Bank’s printing activities.
- Catering Management – Oversee operations of the Bank cafeteria and kitchenettes.
- Service Management – Oversee provision of Administrative Services to the Bank and Staff in line with established Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Put in place and manage a system for receiving, responding, tracking, and reporting service requests and attainment of SLAs.
- Audit – Point of contact for consultation and queries with admin related internal and external auditors.
Manage the Administrative Team
- Supervision of country office drivers’ pool.
- Supervise a diverse complement of regular, contract, and short-term staff in the administrative functional area, including annual performance reviews.
- Assign and review work program and assignments of administrative staff (GA – GD).
- Coordinate and clear appropriate trainings for each category of administrative staff. Develop an appropriate budget for such trainings in conjunction with the Operations Manager
Institute quality control measures.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Train and motivate staff to provide effective and efficient support as a team.
- Directly supervise the Receptionist and the staff in the Mail, Messenger Service and Switch Board service.
- Ensure efficient and effective provision of mail delivery, diplomatic pouch, and messenger services.
- Ensure effective back-up arrangements and timely submissions of tasks/outputs.
- Encourage and promote teamwork within the administrative group.
- Management of Administrative Procurement contracts and processes
- Contribute to the activities of the Admin Procurement Committee (APC) for the Nigeria Country Office.
- Contribute to APC work and provide inputs to Administrative Procurement Plan and the RFP/IFB processes.
- Strengthen the relation between GCS and RM to improve controls over procurement and vendor registration. Develop an appropriate vendor data base for all categories of expense type.
- Responsible for quality control of services delivered by internal and external administration services providers.
- Procurement Management – Implement a Office-wide goods, services and works procurement management system in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures ensuring competitive bidding for best value, and open and free competition for all Bank procurement and timely supply of quality goods and services to the Bank.
- Procurement Planning – Plan and carryout pre-procurement activities in line with and in support of business objectives. Develop and execute annual procurement plans for the Admin Unit.
- Procurement Tender Committees – Run professional tender processes to ensure objective selection of suppliers for goods and services, including preparing relevant procurement reports.
- Vendor Performance Management – Negotiate contracts with suppliers to deliver best value to the Bank, apply appropriate supply and service level agreements for goods and services and implement a critical vendor performance management and capacity development program, and undertake the required technical and other due diligence.
- Participate in the Facilities Consultancy Group regarding the fit-out of the new WBG building.
- Collaborate with GSDCR to implement the relocation of staff to the new WBG building.
- Participate in office aesthetics and greenery efforts in liaison with the Facilities Manager.
- Identify and initiate discussions with hotels in collaboration with Security Team to establish a robust data base for country office use.
- Liaise with Global Hotel team in DC to initiate annual RFP negotiations with hotels in Nigeria.
- Coordinator and initiate improvement in travel services with identified Bank vendor.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Recruitment at Egbin Power Plc
- Manage Office transportation policy and use of Bank-owned vehicles.
- Manage implementation of contracted transport services, and address issues as they arise.
- Implement more outsourced transportation service options to fill the gap between office owned transportation resources and the client needs.
- Ensure the office obtains the most competitive car insurance bids and coverage with cost effective premiums in collaboration with the Admin Assistant.
- Work with the Security Focal person and CO Security Team in the implementation of Bank Road Safety Transportation Policy.
- Events Management and Visiting Missions
- Lead the team to provide administrative support for major events/activities including VIP visit(s) to Nigeria, in liaison with other stakeholders and deliver such a top priority task to ensure success of the event(s).
- Arrange meet and greet for high profile visitors as and when necessary.
- Provide timely and accurate information to and about visiting missions, including updating and routinely sharing the Visiting Mission Guidelines and the mission welcome package. Update such documents on the Nigeria Country Office website for easy access by Bank staff.
- Liaison with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassies and other Protocol Units With delegated authority from the Country Director, sign on certain official administrative and certification letters that new or continuing staff, external persons traveling on Bank related business may require, and any other official procedures in Nigeria.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or related field. Knowledge of general software applications, e.g. SAP, Microsoft Outlook, advanced skill across the Microsoft Office 365 suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint online.
- Fluency in English.
- 15 years of experience in the Administration/Resource Management area/corporate services, with at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity acquired in a large international organization or a large national or multinational corporation.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.