|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion-dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
|💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.|
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technician
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports To: Shift Team Lead
Seniority Level: Non-management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- Individual is responsible to own and drive root cause analysis within a team of Equipment Owners/Operating teams for an Operating Line, Lines, or Operation. The Technician II by his role supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools.
- He is responsible, in conjunction with the Equipment Owner at ensuring their equipment is operated and maintained at base conditions and improvements required to reach goals are executed. 95% of individual’s time will be spent on the Operating Floor working with the team. Individual is member of Operating (Autonomous) Team.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Coach and develop Technician I and Operating Teams;
- Supports the Shift Team Lead in delivering the PQCDSM – Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale – results necessary to achieve the Compelling Business Need by rigorous application of RTT/ IWS tools;
- Actively participate in project delivery and execution;
- Serve as a technical operator and additional resource to operate and fix both operational and technical issues on responsible line(s) to meet shift PQCDSM results;
- As a member of Operating AM team, drives and executes all AM related activities and actions within Shift. Includes RTT DMS, step progression, and maintenance of standards
- Implement all required and recommended actions/responsibilities to support Operating teams through the IWS Phase Journey
- Tracks CIL time daily and continues to drive down time by creating kaizens to address remaining HTRs and SOCs
- Fixes defects found, submits notifications for defects equipment owner is unable to fix and continues to follow-up until defect is repaired
- Runs equipment at centreline and can explain deviations
- Understands link between Process Control Strategy (PCS) and CLs & CILs
- Understand, follow, and insure compliance with QA and HS&E Key Elements. Eliminate Root Cause of any outages.
- Use Risk Prediction whenever you are performing a non-routine task on your equipment (i.e. defect fixing)
- Drives safety defects through completion with a high sense of urgency
- Key driver for analysing all safety risks and driving out losses associated with those risks
- Performs weekly & monthly CILs
- Maintains and updates all standards in Equipment (i.e. CIL, OPLs, lube map, safety map, centrelines, defect list, etc.
- Ensures CIL is updated when there are learnings (i.e. breakdowns, process failures, etc.)
- Ensures that the CIL is driving the elimination of unplanned breakdowns
- Shift rotation with off-shift and weekend support subject to prevalent shift pattern and as dictated by business requirements; this could include call-in support in extreme cases.
|SEE ALSO: Executive Assistant at uLesson Education Limited|
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- An academic qualification in City & Guilds (Engineering / Manufacturing / Transport Maintenance), NABTEB (Technical Trade), or National Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics from a recognised institution
- The role holder will require an expert knowledge of cigarette making or packing machinery with at least 7 years of “hands on” experience of running these machines in a production environment, thereby gaining technical mastery of equipment and can develop it in others
- Key Knowledge on GD121/ AF12 Making machines
- A strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, troubleshooting techniques on both Making and Packing machines will be essential to the success of the role. Overall strong technical skills.
- In addition, a good understanding of mechanical processes, both hands on and theory will be required.
- Understanding of storeroom operating strategies.
- Ability to develop and effectively coach/train Equipment Owners and other technicians.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills desired
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.