|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Job ID: 2203162
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): two years
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the programme is to strengthen the deconcentration of the WHO country office in Nigeria at the field level (States and Zones). This deconcentration allows WHO to strengthen its effectiveness through the coordination of partners, and the capacity of provincial health systems to cope with preparedness, mitigation and response to public health emergencies.
- In addition, this deconcentration will enable the WHO country office to contribute to the strengthening of the health system at both the zonal and state level in general.
Description of Duties
- Provide technical support to the team leaders of the Zones and States t or other health-focused public health entities in Nigeria for the formulation of health policies and programmes aimed at strengthening health systems.
- Establish clear performance expectations, delegate effectively, monitor and measure progress against objectives; Orient, coach, motivate and manage all sub-office staff under his/her responsibility by explaining the vision and objectives of the team, ensuring coordination, monitoring and approval of work plans and mission requests, resolving problems while promoting effective teamwork and results, within the framework of WHO Staff Regulations and Rules and AFRO accepted procedures.
- Managing the corresponding budgets within the framework of the WHO Staff Rules and Regulations, Financial Regulations and procedures accepted by AFRO. Perform all other related duties as assigned by the direct supervisors and the WHO Deputy Representative.
- Undertake research on improving the prevention and management of health problems in the assigned field of work and disseminate the research results.
- Draft, review and further develop public health guidelines and national strategies and make recommendations on a plan of action to improve existing health systems for the prevention and treatment of diseases covered by the assigned area of work.
- Analyse and evaluate best practices from various databases on public health and health-related issues and develop recommendations for the development of a plan of action to improve existing health systems for the prevention and treatment of diseases covered by the assigned area of work.
- Information related to the outbreak of the disease; identify sources of disease and make recommendations on the appropriate response to identified risks and the implementation of preventive measures and prepare reports.
- Serve as a technical resource at the partner level on communicable diseases in the region and respond to requests and provide detailed and technical information on related principles, practices, issues, measures, techniques and procedures.
- Participate as a resource person in training and orientation programmes in related areas for capacity building. Build a competent team by obtaining the best resources, providing learning opportunities, and ensuring continuous monitoring.
|SEE ALSO: Fresh Job at CWAY Foods and Beverages Nigeria|
- Essential: An advanced University Degree (Master’s level or above) in Medicine, Public Health, Management, Social Sciences or related field.
- Desirable: PhD in Public Health Management, Social Science or related field, specialising in dtraining in epidemiology, health management, or public administration.
- A minimum of 10years’ professional experience managing and developing technical public health programmes of which 5 years at the international level in multilateral, bilateral or other institutions.
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse teams and financial resources at the international level.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations. Experience in capacity building programme planning/development, project management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with resource mobilization in emergency settings.
- Good knowledge of the country’s situation with regard to the diseases covered by the work programme with a good understanding of the needs, priorities and policies of the countries concerned, WHO policies, practices, guidelines and procedures in related areas, and the possibility to apply them in-country offices.
- Ability to identify problems, formulate opinions, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Ability to revise and write guidelines and objectives for the assigned programme. Interpersonal skills: tact, patience and courtesy. Good knowledge of health and safety rules.
- Technical aspects of the field of specialization. Public speaking techniques and good writing and communication skills.
- Commitment to achieving the goal of gender equality by ensuring equal opportunities.
- Team spirit and leadership/team management and time management skills. Analytical skills and demonstrated knowledge/experience in health system analysis.
- Desirable: knowledge of coordination, evaluation and assessment of health services programmes/projects.
|SEE ALSO: Entry Jobs at Owens and Xley Consults|
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 90,664 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3831 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
|SEE ALSO: West African Examinations Council Latest Job Recruitment 2022|
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/ Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero-tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/ Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
Deadline: 9th May 2022, (10:59:00 PM)
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.