|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Fellowships for Youths (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Jun 02, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
World Heritage Young Professionals Fora are among the flagship activities of the World Heritage Education Programme, serving as a platform for bringing young professionals and heritage experts together to foster intercultural learning and exchange, to debate about common concerns and to discover new roles for themselves in heritage conservation.
As an integral part of the extended 44th session of the World Heritage Committee (Fuzhou (China)/Online, 2021), and within the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the National Commission for the People’s Republic of China for UNESCO will host the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2021 online, under the theme of “World Heritage and Sustainable Livelihoods”, from 5th to 9th July 2021.
The Forum will highlight the importance of heritage for societies and livelihoods, and explore its great potential to contribute towards social, economic, and environmental goals, ensuring sustainable livelihoods across various dimensions.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 Nasser International Leadership Fellowship For Young Leaders|
Accompanied by local and international experts, and through a variety of presentations, roundtables, virtual visits etc., participants will gain in-depth knowledge of the processes and working practices of the 1972 World Heritage Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage, and explore the subthemes of :
- World Heritage: People and Governance
- World Heritage: Tourism and Community Development
- World Heritage: Community Empowerment through Innovation
|SEE ALSO: 2021 ElectHER Future Lawmakers Programme For Interested Nigerians|
Eligible applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Aged between 23 and 32 years;
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- Proficient in English, as the Forum will be conducted entirely in English.
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage; working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people;
- Motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
In addition to general eligibility, the following elements will also be considered in selecting the participants:
- Balanced geographical representation;
- Gender equality;
- Diversity of professional backgrounds;
- Ability to disseminate gained experience in the country or institution of origin.
- Knowledge and experience in sustainable livelihood practices for World Heritage sites.
|SEE ALSO: 2021 Canon Student Development Programme For Students Worldwide|
The Forum will address the following three sub-themes:
- World Heritage: People and Governance In this sub-theme, participants will discuss the World Heritage Convention (including its five strategic objectives) as an instrument for policy development, its role in enabling the inclusion and participation of people associated with World Heritage and the involvement of various stakeholders (including youth) at all levels of governance, from international to national and regional levels. ■
- World Heritage: Tourism and Community Development In this sub-theme, participants will explore the needs, challenges, and opportunities for sustainable tourism at World Heritage sites and exchange on how to promote and develop the livelihoods of heritage communities through tourism.
- World Heritage: Community Empowerment through Innovation In this sub-theme, participants will talk about the appropriation of World Heritage values by communities and seek to improve the technological innovations and knowledge transmission towards creating livelihoods surrounding heritage.
|SEE ALSO: TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2021|
How to Apply
All interested candidates who may wish to participate in the WHYPF 2021 should apply to the Forum by filling in and submitting the online application form in English. Successful applicants will be notified by 18th June 2021.
|⭐ Apply Next: Minority Africa Fellowship for African Journalists and Storytellers 2023|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.