|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Trainings and Workshops for Girls & Women (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Feb 20, 2023 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
Global Fund for Women is looking for young feminist activists to join the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council (AGAC). Global Fund for Women is a global feminist fund that envisions a world where movements for gender justice have transformed power and privilege for a few into equity and equality for all.
We fund bold, ambitious, and expansive gender justice movements to create meaningful change that will last beyond our lifetimes.
Today, Global Fund for Women wants to ensure that the needs, ideas, and solutions of girls—cis, transgender, and gender non-conforming—are at the center of our work and governance. We firmly believe that girls are experts of their own lives. Who else are the best guides to shape our girl-focused work than girls themselves!
The Adolescent Girls Advisory Council (AGAC) plays a critical role in finding, funding, and amplifying girl-led groups and expanding their leadership, activism, and movement-building.
SEE ALSO: McKinsey&Company Next Generation Women Leaders Event for Female Students and Professionals 2023
- From the following regions: Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, Middle East and North Africa, or Sub-Saharan Africa?
- 10 to 17 years old? A young feminist with functional spoken and written skills in English? Knowledge of one or more of the following languages is an asset: Arabic, Spanish, French, or Russian
- Committed and passionate about social justice?
- Ready to use your voice and take action to bring about change?
- A young feminist who believes in a world where everyone should be treated equally and fairly, a world where girls’ and women’s rights matter and are respected and upheld?
- Willing to be part of the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council for a minimum period of two years?
Then Global Fund for Women wants to hear from you!
Benefits of Global Fund for Women Adolescent Girls Advisory Council
- Share your girl- and regional-related expertise: Share your knowledge and experience and advise on issues related to girls and the region you represent
- Co-develop the Adolescent Girls’ Rights Program Strategy: Give ideas and recommendations to the Adolescent Girls’ Rights team to help develop the program goal, key priorities, and ways to measure change
- Map girl-led groups: Identify groups and initiatives that are led by girls and that need support, whether financial, technical, or other
- Participate in Global Fund for Women’s grantmaking process: Read proposals and reports, discuss and provide suggestions for groups to fund together with Global Fund for Women staff
- Attend key convenings: Participate in key meetings and events to ensure girls’ voices are heard
- Collaborate with Global Fund for Women staff and partners to advocate for gender justice and intergenerational leadership
- Join the AGAC network of young feminist leaders
SEE ALSO: Flourish Africa 2023 N1 Billion Grant for Female Entrepreneurs (Winners receive up to N2M funding each)
How to Apply
Go to Global Fund for Women on docs.google.com to apply
The Adolescent Girls Advisory Council will be made up of 12 girls who are an example of Global Fund for Women’s values: bold, collaborative, curious, and authentic.
This is a two-round selection process.
- First Round: Applications are open to girls—cis, transgender, and gender non-conforming—between the ages of 10 to 17.
- Second Round: In February 2023, Global Fund for Women will shortlist girls who will move on to the second round, which consists of an interview panel.
The 12 girl advisors will be selected in March 2023 and officially start their two-year term in Spring 2023.
Visit the OFFICIAL PAGE for further information. DROP COMMENTS for questions/suggestions
|⭐ Apply Next: 2023 UCT GSB Solution Space/Ayoba e-Track Program for Entrepreneurs|
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.