|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|👤 Eligibility: In Professional Programs for Graduates (RSS)|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 02, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|❓ Help / ⚠️ Report: Get in Touch|
|🆕 New: More Opportunities now at Latestopportunities.com|
The Government of Japan JET Programme for Foreign Graduates is now open for the 2021/2022 application round. Interested candidates can take advantage of the opportunity to work with the Government of Japan through the Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme open to young graduates around the world.
The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme seeks to enhance internationalisation in Japan by promoting mutual understanding between the people of Japan and those of other nations. The Programme aims to enhance foreign language education and promote international exchange at the local level through the fostering of ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth alike.
|SEE ALSO: Central Queensland Fully Funded University Research Training Program|
The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme started in 1987 with cooperation from governments of participating countries. In 2019, there were 5,761 participants on the Programme from 57 countries.
The objectives of the Programme are being achieved by offering JET Programme participants the opportunity to serve in local authorities as well as public and private elementary, junior high, and senior high schools in Japan.
The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme is implemented by local authorities and other organisations who appoint Participants in cooperation with the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), and the Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR).
Available Positions and Duties:
Participants engaged in language instruction. ALTs are placed mainly in local boards of education, elementary, junior high, and senior high schools. Some of the positions include;
(1) Assistance in foreign language classes, etc. taught in elementary, junior high and senior high schools.
(2) Assistance in foreign language activities, etc. in elementary schools.
(3) Assistance in preparation of materials for teaching a foreign language.
(4) Assistance in language training for teachers of a foreign language, etc.
(5) Cooperation in extracurricular activities and club activities (see Note 1).
(6) Provision of information on language and other related subjects for people such as teachers’ consultants and foreign language teachers (e.g. word usage, pronunciation, etc.).
(7) Cooperation in foreign language speech contests.
(8) Cooperation in local international exchange activities.
(9) Other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor or the school principal.
|SEE ALSO: Singapore International Fully Funded Graduate Award (SINGA) 2022|
How to Apply
Application procedures and requirements slightly vary depending on the country of applicant, please refer to your the JET Programm Leaflet or the Japanese embassy in your home country for specific requirements and application instructions
|⭐ Apply Next: Obama Foundation 2023 Leaders USA Program for Emerging Leaders|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.