> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Are you a professional writer seeking a platform to write and monetize your art? Here is one of the latest opportunities for you.
The Future Newspaper is currently looking for writers who will contribute masterpieces to its pages. Contributors’ pieces can span over variety of topics like police violence, housing, wealth inequality, and the prison system but they place more emphasis on pieces that disproportionately impact Black and other marginalized people. You will be writing on practicable solutions to your highlighted issues and discuss what they chance they stand in future.
In the newsletter released by The Future Newspaper, they wrote;
Each article will be grounded in a solutions journalism framework, which critically explores how people and institutions respond to problems. Examples of solutions stories include, this Mother Jones article, which focuses on a novel approach to supporting people after prison. And this New York Times article about cities fighting inequality with free public transportation.
Everyone- unpublished or published writers, white or black- is strongly advised to submit. The newspaper pays $1.50 per word and will accept pieces between 1200—2000 words long.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Don’t forget you can win residential writing courses in Writers’ & Artists’ Short Story Competition 2020. Similarly, you can apply for the 2020 Nelson Agren literary award and win $7000, among other latest opportunities.
Deadline: February 16, 2020.
- Any writer who can identify and report on solutions to social issues currently being implemented in communities around the country.
- No application fee.
How to Apply:
- Send a pitch of between 2—3 paragraphs that identifies a real problem, how people are working to resolve it, and what promise the solutions holds for the future.
- 2—3 writing samples that reflect your best writing and reporting.
- A brief bio and links to your most used social media accounts.
- All this should be sent to: [email protected]
- The subject line should read: “Future Newspaper _ Your Last Name”.
- $1.50 per word.
Before you leave, have you thought about being an author in 2020? You just cannot measure the joy of putting your words out in the hearts of many to affect to repair lives. Start by taking a look at ACEworld Publishers is offering here.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.