Media Trust Limited, publishers of Daily Trust newspaper is currently recruiting competent, self-motivated and result-oriented candidate to fill the positions described below:
Post: Chief Information Technology Officer
Gender: Male or Female (Preferable)
The candidate will Head, and adequately supervise the Information Technology Department of Media Trust Limited. She / He shall be responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks in such a way that the role contributes positively to and impacts on the company’s digital growth. The candidate shall ensure that hardware and software maintenance is carried out, and must have the ability to make recommendations about future planning and development of resources. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure maximum implementation of technology services and resources at Media Trust Limited.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure.
- Implements network security for the Company |Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company’s infrastructure, and directs supporting staff.
- Oversees the administration of the company’s WAN.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary.
- Works with project teams to help implement Internal Systems.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
- Works seamlessly with the Purchasing Department for acquisition of all software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
- Work with other departments in the company to facilitate timely execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT), coordinating with the business users/business analyst/developers as required
- Ensure increased customer satisfaction, code reliability and developer productivity across software products while reducing development and maintenance cost
- Engage with business heads to assist the various departments with achieving their goals through innovative application of technology.
- Develop IT strategies in partnership with business units
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- Serves as main point of contact on all IT-related matters for the company.
- Identifies and provides standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reports information to company management.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or in the Physical Sciences but with experience in software and hardware maintenance;
- Minimum of 10+ years practical experience in software and hardware maintenance with proven success in the newspaper industry.
Skills and Competencies
- Must have knowledge of Computer hardware, software systems programming, computer networking, network administration, network installation, computer troubleshooting, Computer viruses and security, e-mail and internet programs.
- Must have an understanding of the Nigerian IT environment and its implications on the group’s business.
- Must have management and supervisory skills
- Team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient in monitoring website development programs
- Customer centric
In case you do not meet the requirement, please share with friends and Join us for more opportunities.