|KINDLY SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!|
PenPen Africa is an African writers’ residency project that will feature twelve select writers from across Africa. The programme shall hold in both Nigeria and Kenya and will run from July 1, 2019 till June 30, 2020. This project is implemented in partnership with the Writers Guild Kenya. It is funded by Culture at Work Africa and co-funded by the European Union. The schedule for the residency is as follows:
Nigerian Residency (November 2019)
Writers from West and Central Africa
Kenyan Residency (February 2020)
Writers from East and Southern Africa
The name PenPen Africa is derived from the word “Pen” and in this context is used in its duality to symbolise first the process of writing and second a place of enclosure used to house a particular specie.
AFRICAN WRITERS RESIDENCY CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The African Writers Development Trust, in partnership with the Writers Guild Kenya, calls for writers of African descent living in Africa for an African Writers Residency in November 2019, as part of the Pen Pen Africa Project.
To qualify for the residency, you are required to submit a nonfiction story of not more than 1500 words on the theme – The African Identity. All entries must be the original work of the writer.
Location of Residency
Scope of Residency
In order to qualify for this residency, you must be fluent in English and must be a citizen of and resident in either West or Central Africa.
Duration of Residency
Please do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer, employer and/or recruiter unless futher verified from your end. ACEworld will not be responsibe for any scam/fraud. Please stay safe!
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📩 Stay in the know with our Newsletter
• To apply, you must be affiliated to an established literary community in your country.
• All applications must be made through and by your literary community.
• All applications must be sent via email to email@example.com.
*NOTE: each literary community can only send a maximum of 5 applications.
• Evidence of your affiliation to a literary community must be provided (said evidence can be in form of images of meetings, flyers of special events hosted by the literary community, etc).
• There is no fee attached to the application.
• The deadline for submission is September 14, 2019. Results will be announced on www.writerstrust.org by 1st October, 2019. Successful participants will be contacted via email.
• Upon selection, a return ticket will be purchased in your name and you will be picked on arrival at Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, Abuja, Nigeria.
*NOTE: transport expenses to the international airport of your country will be borne by you.
• The residency will cover your feeding and living expenses (such as laundry, etc)
All queries should be directed to Nabilah Usman – firstname.lastname@example.org