This is an opportunity for post-graduate university students, who are looking for a place to gain practical experience and deeper knowledge. The World Trade Organization Internship Programme aims to help the interns to gain knowledge about multilateral trading system and trade policy.
Assignments given to interns are intended to enhance interns’ knowledge and understanding of the WTO and of trade policy more generally. However, the needs of the Division recruiting an intern will be paramount in determining the precise nature of assignments.
- Host Organization: World Trade Organization (WTO).
- Number of positions: Not specified.
- Duration: Minimum of three months up to a maximum of six months.
- Target group: Open to nationals of WTO Member states or Observer governments.
World Trade Organization Internship Programme Benefits
The programme will provide successful applicants with a daily allowance of CHF 60 (including week-ends and official holidays falling within the selected period). No other remuneration of any kind shall be paid.
Internships take place in Geneva, Switzerland only. Travel expenses to and from Geneva cannot be paid by the WTO, and such travel is not covered by the Organization’s insurance. Interns are also responsible for their own insurance cover for illness and accidents while they are working at the WTO.
World Trade Organization Internship Programme Eligibility
To be eligible for the World Trade Organization Internship Programme, candidates must have the following profile:
- Be a national of WTO Member states or Observer governments.
- have completed an undergraduate studies in a relevant discipline (e.g. economics, law, political science, international relations), and shall have completed at least one year of a postgraduate studies.
- have between 21 and 30 years old.
- International Prize for Arabic Fiction 2021 – How to submit
- How to participate in Oriki Podcast Contest (Prize: $175)
- How To Submit to Pop Up Projects 2020 (Prize: £500)
- Maltina Teacher of the Year Competition 2020 (Prize: N10 million)
- Ibadan Book Club calls for poems and essays in honour of Late Senator Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi
- How to apply for One Story Internship (They offer $500 stipend)
Candidates interested to apply for the programme must click on the apply button below, follow instructions on the page to fill the application form and submit it.
A list of suitable candidates is maintained from which interns are selected. In addition to the regular internship programme, the need may also arise to recruit interns at short notice for particular tasks. These recruits will also be drawn from the list. Names will not be maintained on the list for longer than one year.
Candidates are selected on a continuing basis, with no specific recruitment period. For more details on the World Trade Organization Internship Programme, please visit the official page.
Deadline: Dec 31, 2020