|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
|💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.|
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fabrication Technician
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority level: Non-Management
Reports to: Engineering & Site Services Manager
Role Positioning and Objectives
- This role is part of the Operations-Manufacturing function of the BAT Facility in Ibadan, Nigeria.
- The role is responsible for the controlling, operating, or maintaining of machines and equipment at the fabrication workshop within the Engineering Department to support the manufacturing department to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost.
|SEE ALSO: Apply: IELTS Examiners at the British Council|
What you will be Accountable for
- Coordinate all the welding and fabrication workshop activities to ensure all the components are welded or fabricated in an effective an efficient manner in accordance with the required quality standard to support the manufacturing of quality product in a cost-effective manner.
- Check that those multiple machines and equipment have a maintenance plan/schedule in conformance to manufacturer’s standards.
- Apply EHS procedures and good housekeeping practices to prevent personal injuries and damage to equipment.
- Ensure a prompt end of shift report of all technical issues preventing the machines in his domain from achieving optimum performance.
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance job with necessary supervision and controlling of other team members to achieve this aim.
- Conduct daily and weekly cleaning maintenance schedule according to prescribed procedures to ensure efficient machine performance.
- Ensure all fabrication requests are attended to OTIF.
- Ensure spares are available and ready for use according to maintenance plan.
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as prescribed and ensure availability of accurate maintenance data.
Essential Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Candidates should possess a minimum of an OND in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in welding and fabrication.
- Good coordination skills, as well as spatial and abstract reasoning.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Good troubleshooting and reporting skills.
- Able to work and communicate with the team, to manage stakeholders and to solve conflicts.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Ability to create bill of material for simple projects.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office tools.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + Market leading bonus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.