|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Worker – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Abuja-2023-049
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade: LE – 1210 4
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-4
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is AA. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
|SEE ALSO: IHS Towers Technical Skills Acquisition Program (TSAP) 2023 for young Nigerian graduates|
- This position provides semi-skilled assistance to the technical level positions by performing general maintenance and upkeep work at the U.S. Embassy compound buildings, residences and grounds.
- Responsibilities include the performance of non-skilled manual tasks such as demolition work, painting, minor plumbing work, general cleanup of common areas, minor masonry work to include filling gaps on walls, laying of bricks, repairing and/or installing locks and other minor preventative maintenance tasks.
- This position would assist other Facility Management trades positions such as the Electrical Maintenance Worker, HVAC Maintenance Worker, or the Carpentry Maintenance Worker.
- Incumbent performs preventive maintenance by inspecting, adjusting and troubleshooting minor plumbing systems and fixtures, welding equipment and supplies, safety equipment, concrete and masonry walls, floor and ceiling assemblies, and other items upon coordinating with other trades.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of Secondary School is required and completion of Vocational Training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with specialization in the general construction fields is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of plumbing and commercial or industrial HVAC/mechanical heating, refrigeration and ventilation systems is required.
- Maintenance and repair of standard plumbing methods and techniques including potable water and sewage systems, motor starters, thermostats, humidistats, variable frequency drive (VFD) motors and controllers, gravity dampers, sensors, furnaces, hydronic systems, hot water heaters and heat pumps, evaporators and and condensers is required.
- Minor component replacement of motors, valves, pumps, controls and recording instruments is required.
- Maintenance and repair using industry aligned techniques and procedures involved in laying a variety of brick, block, stone and concrete in the construction or repair of such items as partitions, walls, walkways and roadways is required.
- Reading and working from sketches, architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, schematics, one-line diagrams and materialist is required.
- Plumbing system testing procedures in control devices to monitor, diagnose faults, determine current operating capacity to the design requirements, all in accordance with US and host country regulations is required.
- Maintenance and repair using industry aligned techniques and procedures for the modification and fabrication of various types of metal and alloy parts and equipment by use of electric and gas welding processes.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Limited knowledge reading/writing/speaking is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify problems or dangers, report issues and provide solution is required.
- A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users is required.
- Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
|SEE ALSO: OPEC Fund Annual Award for Development 2023 ($100,000 prize)|
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Salary: N3,455,696 / USD $27,782 annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 18th May, 2023.
NOTICE: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
⚡️ Advertise your products or business to our 9,500+ unique subscribers. More info.
⚡️ Join other students to learn, upskill & get certified on Future Syllabus. Start learning.
⚡️ Get your books on Amazon, Okadabooks, Kobo, Selar, etc with ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ Get your ISBN, Editing, Cover Design & other book services at ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ ️Publish your promotional content on any of our blogs at a discount. More info.