|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The United Nations is the one international organization with the reach and vision capable of solving global problems. The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: National Project Officer (Education)
Post Number: 6NGED0006PA
Grade : NO-C
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Job Family: Education
Type of contract: Project Appointment
Duration of contract: 1 year
Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
Overview of the Functions of the Post
- The position falls under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, the immediate authority of the Office Director in Abuja and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Specialist for Education in the Abuja Office in consultation with the Regional Advisor for Health and Welfare Education in Dakar.
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical expertise and contributing to the effective management, planning, implementation and monitoring of health and welfare education programmes, including responses to school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV), early and unintended pregnancy (EUP) and HIV.
|SEE ALSO: Nasims To Activate Payroll Tab For Npower Batch C2 Beneficiaries Shortly|
Specifically, the incumbent shall:
- Identify opportunities for UNESCO to participate in policy and programme development to implement the UNESCO Strategy on Education for Health and Well-Being, national health strategies, including in line with the UNAIDS division of labour.
- Support the timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programme and reporting on UNESCO’s work in education for health and well-being.
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to the Ministry of Education and other national partners.
- Contribute to advocacy efforts in Nigeria to advance the use of evidence and strengthen joint UN and country responses to HIV and AIDS, MSTVs and FNMs.
- Represent UNESCO in appropriate coordination frameworks, such as joint UN teams on AIDS, inter-agency meetings, local education groups, and thematic meetings.
- Support UNESCO programming in collaboration with other staff working on Education for Health and Wellbeing, with a particular focus on interventions to support national efforts to prevent HIV and respond to SRGBV and EUP.
Competencies (Core / Managerial):
- Communication (C)
- Accountability (C)
- Innovation (C)
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
- Planning and organizing (C)
- Results focus (C)
- Teamwork (C)
- Professionalism (C)
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant field, including Education, Social Sciences or Public Health.
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience in areas related to sexual and reproductive health and education.
- Experience in project management in the fields of education or health.
- Experience in implementing projects and programmes in partnership with government and civil society partners.
- Experience in resource mobilisation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to manage budgets, participate in monitoring and evaluation and report on implementation.
- Credibility, confidence, tact and diplomacy in networking.
- Good representational skills and ability to develop partnerships with a wide range of partners (including relevant ministries, UNAIDS Cosponsors, donors and civil society).
- Good understanding of the country, development work and the education sector.
- High level technical writing skills in HIV prevention, health education, sexual and reproductive health, or GBV response, related to UNESCO’s Strategy on Education for Health and Well-Being.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written).
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health, sexuality education or responding to gender-based violence (including in schools).
- Good knowledge of French.
|SEE ALSO: Commonwealth Distance-Learning Scholarships 2023/2024 for Developing Countries|
Benefits and Entitlements
- UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
- The approximated starting annual salary for this position is USD 48,829.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline: 4th March, 2023.
NOTICE: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
⚡️ Advertise your products or business to our 9,500+ unique subscribers. More info.
⚡️ Join other students to learn, upskill & get certified on Future Syllabus. Start learning.
⚡️ Get your books on Amazon, Okadabooks, Kobo, Selar, etc with ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ Get your ISBN, Editing, Cover Design & other book services at ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ ️Publish your promotional content on any of our blogs at a discount. More info.