|👤 For (Open to): Undergraduates|
|🕡 Deadline: Nov 15, 2021 (See all deadlines)|
|🔔 Set Reminder: Google Calender or iCAL|
|📋 Category: Scholarships|
|📌 RSS Feed: Subscribe to Scholarships|
|❓ Help: Chat with an Agent|
|TELL US ABOUT AN OPPORTUNITY 📝|
Ohio Wesleyan University is providing scholarship opportunities to individuals who are interested in studying a degree program at the Institution. Ohio Wesleyan offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to international students.
No additional application is required for the merit-based scholarships as all applicants for admission are automatically considered. However, if you wish to apply for need-based financial aid, please complete the ISFAA (International Student Financial Aid Application).
The specific amounts of scholarship money and financial aid received are different for each applicant and we work on a case-by-case basis. The range of financial assistance in 2020-2021 for international students is between $5,000 and $45,000 per year with an average scholarship of $30,000 per year.
Full scholarships are not available at Ohio Wesleyan and some family contribution is required each year. For more specific questions, please contact the Office of International Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|SEE ALSO: Central Queensland Fully Funded University Research Training Program|
- Ohio Wesleyan International Baccalaureate Scholarship is awarded to international students who have shown a strong performance in the IB curriculum. Preference will be given to full diploma students, but those with IB certificates only will also be considered. Our suggested minimum in the IB is 30 points.
- Ohio Wesleyan Cambridge A Levels Scholarship is awarded to international students who have shown a strong performance in the Cambridge A Levels curriculum. Preference will be given to students taking the full A Levels program with exams, but those with Cambridge A Levels individual courses only will also be considered. Our suggested minimum in the A Levels are marks of C and B.
- Ohio Wesleyan International Methodist Scholarship is awarded to admitted international students who either come from a Methodist background or who have attended a Methodist secondary school or college prior to coming to OWU.
- Ohio Wesleyan Bashford International Scholarship serves as a general international scholarship to admitted international students who don’t qualify for our other three more specific international scholarships listed above.
- Rutherford B. Hayes Scholarship for citizens of Paraguay. Ohio Wesleyan University will award one full tuition scholarship and up to five $40,000 scholarships to five admitted Paraguayan students who meet at least a B average (3.0/5.0 Paraguay curriculum or 3.0/4.0 US curriculum). Students must also meet the minimum TOEFL requirement of 79 (6.5 for IELTS).
|SEE ALSO: NITDA Masters and Doctoral Scholarship 2021/2022 for Nigerians|
- International students may be eligible for need-based aid. Apply for financial aid by submitting the International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA) along with your application and other required documents during the application stage. Learn More.
- Application for financial aid is only reviewed at time of admission. Students cannot apply once enrolled.
- OWU makes every effort to meet unmet need for accepted students as defined by evaluating the ISFAA.
- On campus student employment is possible up to 10 hours per week. However, jobs are not guaranteed. International students are not allowed to work off campus, per US government regulations.
|SEE ALSO: Solve Education! Learning Program 2021 | Free Data and Scholarships|
- Submit the Common Application or the OWU Online Application. There is NO application fee.
- One Essay should be submitted with the Common Application or our OWU Online Application.. You can choose the topic.
- English Language Proficiency: We require all international students verify their English proficiency. Please see the various English Proficiency options. The University reserves the right to require additional English language instruction, if needed, upon arrival.
- SAT Scores/ACT Scores are OPTIONAL for all students. You will not be placed at a disadvantage if you are unable to submit standardized testing. If you do wish to submit your testing, we would be pleased to consider your scores (SAT code 1594, ACT code 3316). You may self-report scores but we will require official ones at the enrollment stage. SAT/ACT scores are NOT required for Transfer Students.
- Academic Records can be submitted through the Common Application website by the school or by email if sent directly from the school under their official email address. The official records should include each subject you study and the academic grade/mark or other evidence that you completed the course satisfactorily. Your record should contain an explanation of the grading system. They should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation.
- One letter of recommendation is needed from a teacher, coach, or principal who is familiar with your recent academic performance. Submit via the Common Application website Alternatively, you may send by email to email@example.com.
- Certification of Finances OR the International Student Financial Aid Application is required (see below).
- Interviews: although interviews are not required for students, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you better through a personal interview – a conversation with a counselor. OWU offers several options for interviews:
|SEE ALSO: MIPLC/DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries|
How to Apply
Ohio Wesleyan is proud to welcome students from around the globe to our campus each year.
International students make up about ten percent of our students and arrive here from over 60 different countries. To be among them, start your application here, following the LINK below.
|⭐ Apply Next: Study In Saudi Arabia: 2021 King Abdulaziz University Scholarship For International Students|
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
|OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & DEADLINES:|