With over 11,000 employees across Nigeria, today, Flour Mills has developed a diverse and truly inclusive environment, where employees can grow and reach their full potential.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the fresh job at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc.
Technical & Risk Safety Manager
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
SEE ALSO: Graduate Job at PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc
This position will be responsible for leading the FMN Operational Risk Management Framework, implementing and/or administering safety programs during the life of engineering/construction projects. Day to day, the Technical & Risk Safety manager will be involved in making sure safety design requirements and operability of engineering plant and equipment, machinery and construction projects are met.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Liaise with the insurance team and interact with insurance risk auditors from the underwriters, making sure identified risks are closed timely
- Produce & grant approval for the Safety & Loss Prevention Audits & Follow-up process
- Produce a comprehensive Safety & Loss Prevention tool to be used across the Group
- Train/familiarize the ORM team members on both of the above
- Schedule and execute the annual Safety Risk Audits
- Conduct operational risk audits and make sure that actions to mitigate risks are properly closed out
- Produce the material required for, train the ORM Team members on, and create/execute, the Business Continuity Plans of each BU/plant
- Start the monthly reporting process
- Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety, and health standards of the company and all applicable codes are followed
- Verifies and ensures that all field project activities are performed according to the Company safety policy, regulations, standards and procedures, promoting all preventive and corrective actions as required
- Reviews projects safety management plans, method statements, construction drawings and risk assessments
- Reviews plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment
- Guides engineers in how to incorporate safety requirements into the engineering project designs
- Oversees safety issues during project development
- Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence, and safety procedures
- Promotes and encourages sustained implementation and continuous improvement of best safety practice, culture and performance
- Checks that contractors perform their activities in accordance with all the safety applicable procedures, regulation and standards and contractual Safety requirements. Promoting all necessary action to ensure that the said procedures and regulations are observed
- Organize, plan and participate in periodic safety walkthrough, assessments, inspections and audits on site, prepare all the relevant reports, action plans, verify the follow up and the timely execution of the corrective action
- Organize and participate in all relevant project sites safety meetings, prepares the relevant minutes of meetings (MOM), Lead weekly Safety meetings with contractors
- Organize in case of work incidents/accidents a full investigation of the event, finalized to the identification and execution of corrective measures to avoid reoccurrence
- Prepare and update the Technical / projects safety statistics, verify the performance versus the project and corporate safety objective, targets and performance indicators; propose recovery plan in case of mismatch.
- Prepare Safety training materials; procedures & processes for construction and Engineering Operations
- Participate in HAZOP, HAZID studies and JSA risk assessments to mitigate Safety risks
- Prepare safety documentations (Plans, procedures, risk assessments etc.) regarding Engineering and Construction Operations.
- Control approve and audit of safety documentations of all contractors and their subcontractors.
- Organize and execute general Safety auditing system for all contractors and their subcontractors
- Prepare audit reports and record open item to an action item list for tracking.
- Prepare Contractor evaluation reports and advise procurement/ business units
- Prepare Safety checklists for Project sites & Engineering inspections.
- Prepare training matrix, procedure and materials for all engineering employees
- Prepare monthly & weekly reports including KPIs for Contractors
- Prepare Safety incentive system for the Project including subcontractors
- Ensure fire protection systems are designed in accordance with acceptable international fire codes and maintained accordingly
- Liaise with Insurance to review gaps in safety standard and close gaps to reduce premiums
- Develop and implement robust Permit to work program and LOTO system to manage the execution of routine and non-routine hazardous tasks
- Design and implement safe systems for fall arrest/protection during work at height and loading of goods on trucks
The person must
- have Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to pay attention to details
- Have Project Management skills and good Technical understanding
- Have Good time management skills
- Have Ability to work in high-stress environments
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc. or HND in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other related fields
- Member ISPON (Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria); Recognized Health & Safety qualification (OHSAS 18001 and NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health)
- Membership of any of the following bodies would also be an advantage; Nigerian Society of EngineersN (NSE)/ ational Fire Protection Association (NFPA)/ International Institute of Risk & Safety Management. (IIRSM)
- COREN Membership
- 8 years’ cognate experience
Deadline: Not Specified
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.