United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job vacancy at UNICEF – United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund.
Information Management Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
- Under the Emergency Manager’s overall supervision and general guidance, the Information Management Officer will be responsible for the below-mentioned tasks and outputs to enable evidence-based analysis and decision-making.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Provision of IM services, including GIS mapping for emergency-related decision-making, including data collection, collation, analysis, and dissemination.
- Provide technical support to the newly established GIS unit of the National Emergency Management Authority (NEMA), in close consultation with the Emergency Specialist.
- Conduct the biannual partners’ and service mapping of the Northwest Coordination Forum, by collecting and synthesizing data from UN agencies and NGOs.
- Produce infographics and maps for donor and other reports and presentations.
- Focal point for UNICEF GeoSight platform and integration into the Emergency Preparedness Platform (EPP) upgrade.
Cash transfer data management
- Undertake the data management of emergency-led Humanitarian Cash Transfers (HCT) on the Humanitarian Cash Operation and Programme EcoSystem (HOPE), in close consultation with the NCO cash experts
- Conduct the comparative analysis of cash recipients and government state social registries in close consultation with the Programme Specialist.
Data analysis and knowledge management
- Adapt existing in-country information management approaches for collecting, analyzing, and reporting Sector activities and resources, and identifying information gaps, as needed
- Establish and maintain information databases that consolidate, analyze and report/disseminate information critical to decision making
- Keep abreast of global standards for information management for inter-operability
- Manage flows of information and dissemination in an appropriate way, including website and SharePoint management
- Manage an inventory of relevant documents on the humanitarian situation, including the repository of Northwest Coordination Forum assessments.
- Support the development and analysis of needs assessment and monitoring programmes, including Humanitarian Performance Monitoring (HPM) as needed.
- Serve as knowledge management focal point of the emergency team
- Undertake other duties as relevant.
SEE ALSO: Latest Job at the World Bank Group
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s) in Information Systems/Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Management, Computer Science or a related field is required.
- GIS mapping expertise, and familiarity with ArcGIS is required.
- Minimum two (2) years of similar work experience in Information Management preferably with NNGOs/INGOs and/or the UN is required.
Experience in major emergency response relevant to the sector is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.