|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Deeply anchored locally, we believe our proximity with our clients is one of our main assets. Through our global network of shipmanagers, of BOURBON Training Centers and BOURBON Repair Centers, we are able to operate everywhere in the world with the same quality and security standards.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for role of purchasing officer at Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited.
Junior Buyer M/F
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Rivers | Nigeria.
- To support and assist with Foreign PO’s / Purchasing daily activities and objectives as instructed or required
- Description and Expected Outcome/Performance Indicators
The Graduate Trainee’s responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Foreign PO creation/tracking, RFQ management
- Assists and provides support to Purchasing department
- Assist in inventory management, supplier Database and tender process
- Assist in material requisition
- Assist in PO creation/tracking, RFQ management
- Assist in researching prices on different materials
- Assist in general duties as assigned, scanning, mailing, filing and other routine duties
- Reviewing bids received from suppliers to ensure they meet the company’s standards for quality and price
- Coordinating with vendors to ensure that orders are delivered on time and within budget
- Researching new suppliers to find competitive rates for new products or services
- Following protocol for processing orders and invoices
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
SEE ALSO: Inspection Manager at Osmond properties
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor or Graduate qualification in Supply Chain Management or a related discipline.
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills.
- Confidential handling of data and information
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems, managing files and records, and other office procedures
- Detail oriented and ability to work under minimal supervision and to show initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to work well and cooperatively within a diverse (culturally, ethnically) work community.
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility
- Bourbon’s employer value proposition
- Preference will be given to those resident in Port Harcourt.
- Minimum level of education required, 3 years – Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum level of experience required, 2-5 years
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.