|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Read the Chronicle of Elon Musk? The current richest man in the world has once been a consistent failure. Here are 18 times Tesla CEO recorded landmark failures.
1. In 1995 he unsuccessfully applied for a job at Netscape.
2. In 1996 he was ousted as CEO from a company he founded — Zip2.
3. In 1999 the first product of PayPal was voted as one of the ten worst business ideas.
4. In 2000 he was ousted from his company — PayPal — while on a honeymoon.
5. In that same year, he almost died from cerebral malaria.
6. In 2001 the Russians refused to sell him rockets he wanted to use to send mice or plants to Mars.
7. In 2002 the Russians turned him down again — This is what gave him the impetus to start SpaceX.
8. In 2006 his first-ever rocket launch ended in an explosion and millions of dollars lost.
9. In 2007 his second rocket launch ended in an explosion and millions of dollars wasted again.
10. In 2008 his third and critical rocket lunch which also had NASA satellites onboard failed and exploded during lunch.
11. In December of that same year, both Tesla and SpaceX were on the brink of bankruptcy.
12. In 2013 his rocket failed during landing in the ocean.
13. In 2014, the Tesla model had several problems with spontaneous battery combustion.
14. In 2015, he had a second and third explosion while attempting to land his rocket on a drone ship.
15. In that same year, he had a fourth rocket explosion at launch.
16. In 2016, Tesla Model X deliveries were delayed for more than 18 months.
17. In that same year, his rocket exploded at launch for the fifth time with Facebook’s satellites for Africa onboard. The project was worth $300 million.
18. That same year, his rocket failed while attempting to land on a drone ship for the fourth, fifth, and sixth time.
In 2017, he successfully launched a rocket into space and Tesla electric cars became the best selling cars. After several failures, Elon Musk has now mastered the art of failing successfully.
His net worth is $167.2 Billion — as at December 2020. He is also, the Founder, CEO, Lead Designer of SpaceX. CEO, Product Architect of Tesla, Inc. Founder of The Boring Company and X.com (now PayPal). Co-founder of Neuralink, OpenAI, and Zip2. Chairman of SolarCity.
Elon Musk has shown why failure is important to achieving greatness.
Below are some notable quotes about failure.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
If I fall, I’ll fall five feet four inches forward in the fight for freedom. I’m not backing off. ― Fannie Lou Hamer
When you fall down, rise up. When you fall again, rise up again. This is just a developmental process that makes a healthy baby become a successful man. ― Israelmore Ayivor
Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough ―Elon Musk
When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favour. ―Elon Musk
Don’t fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.— Mel Robbins
NOW FREE: Get a copy of the Complete Nigerian Army Past Question and Answers now. (Complete answers and guide)
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.