> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries.
The African Development Bank (AfDB) serves as a financial institution for African governments and private enterprises that invest in the bank’s regional member countries (RMCs). Originally based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, the bank’s headquarters shifted to Tunis, Tunisia, amidst the civil conflict in Cote d’Ivoire.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of administrative assistant at African Development Bank – AfDB.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Côte d’Ivoire | Africa.
|SEE ALSO: Job Vacancy at TotalEnergies|
The Hiring Department / Division
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- The Africa Investment Forum Unit in The Office of the President assists the President in planning, supervising, and managing the business of the Africa Investment Forum activities. Africa Investment Forum is a multi-stakeholder, multi-disciplinary platform dedicated to advancing private and public-private-partnership projects to bankable stages, raising capital, and accelerating the financial closure of deals and tracking those investments.
- The Africa Investment Forum is Africa’s investment marketplace, through which the African Development Bank, along with its partners, is structuring deals, screening, credit enhancing projects, attracting investors, and facilitating transactions to close Africa’s investment gaps.
- The Africa Investment Forum’s objectives are to reduce intermediation costs, improve the quality of project information and documentation, and increase active and productive engagements between African governments and the private sector as well as increase regional integration. The Africa Investment Forum offers investors access to a structured platform offering bankable, de-risked projects within an enabling environment.
- The Africa Investment Forum facilitates awareness-raising about the investment opportunities in Africa for international investors, social impact investors, institutional investors (pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and others) both local and global.
- It provides an opportunity for the Africa Investment Forum partners to determine the investment needs of these various categories of investors facilitate tailored investible structures and showcase Africa’s investment successes and enabling policies that would be attractive to these various classes of investors who are looking to deploy funds in Africa.
- The AIF as a marketplace brings together the African Development Bank, global multilateral financial institutions and regional financial institutions to de-risk investments at scale, to focus their investment products on agreed key transformative transactions to scale up and accelerate Africa’s investment opportunities.
- The Africa Investment Forum will continuously track the implementation of commitments made at the annual event to ensure transactions reach financial close and policies and bottlenecks to facilitate Africa Investment Forum projects are cleared and implemented.
The Administrative Assistant will focus on the following:
- Providing administrative and general support services to the Senior Director, and the Front Office of the Senior Director.
- Serving as a liaison between the Senior Director’s office and the Bank Complexes concerning information collection and dissemination as well as securing appointments.
- Coordinating and organizing internal and external events and missions of the Front Office of the Senior Director.
Under the Supervision of the Senior Director, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Act as the first point of contact and support for internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform administrative tasks and functions for the office of the Senior Director such as printing, scanning, filtering correspondence and drafting letters, responding to e-mails, filing, sorting, and retrieving corporate documents, records and reports, and dispatching documents to the concerned parties.
- Effectively handle all official communications, ensuring a high level of professionalism and etiquette.
- Liaise with other Bank Departments such as Corporate General Services, the General Secretariat, Finance and Treasury for arrangements and issuance of the Senior Director’s mission claims, medical expenses, representation allowances, education benefits, invitation and business cards and any other expenses.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments inside and outside the Bank for office activities/work program as requested by the Senior Director.
- Coordinate the Senior Director files for meetings, seminars, and missions, and make available all documents related to these meetings to members of the AIF team as instructed by the Senior Director.
- Carry out background research and highlight important information to be recorded or presented to the Senior Director.
- Assist in the preparation and dispatch of periodic reports and updates to various stakeholders.
- Liaise with the language department on the translation of documents in French and/or English to facilitate communication when applicable.
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned by the Senior Director.
|SEE ALSO: Fresh Vacancies at Airtel Nigeria|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant and practical experience, in an executive office in a support function.
- Private sector experience is an added advantage.
- Strong secretarial and office management and coordination skills.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion, judgement, and etiquette.
- Excellent effective communication, problem-solving, client orientation, teamwork, and relations cultural sensitivity.
- Perfect mastery of protocol usages.
- Innovation, operational effectiveness, and planning skills in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle speedily and efficiently, internal, and external requests.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, and shifting demands.
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to multitask and to work with a diverse workforce.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.