|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
|💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.|
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Budget Specialist (Polio)
Job No: 563540
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
How can you Make a Difference?
- The Health Section, which is responsible for the UNICEF polio response in Nigeria, manages about 90 grants each year with an allocated budget of about 130 million USD by June 2023.
- These grants have varying requirements and conditions. Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Health, the Budget Specialist will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting income and expenditures for humanitarian health responses including cholera and polio, integrated immunization, and other programmes, including donor contributions.
- He/she will be accountable for analyzing the needs, preparation, management, and monitoring of contributions, involving all sources of funds across health outputs contributing to the overall management of funds in the health section, with a focus on L3-activated crisis (namely polio response and cholera).
- He/she will be responsible for implementing systems and procedures related to improved funds monitoring and utilization in the section and support the planning and allocation of budgets across different outputs and sections, including SBC (Social Behaviour Change).
- She /he will provide quality assurance of budget development, utilization, and reporting and monitor the pipeline and funds analysis for resource mobilization for Health and Polio in an integrated manner.
|SEE ALSO: DELTAS Africa Sub-Saharan African Consortium For Advanced Biostatistics (SSACAB) 2023-2024 Scholarships|
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Under the direct supervision of the immunization manager, the Budget Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Supports the formulation of strategies and concepts
- Support Polio Budget analysis, and other outputs, focusing on achieving results
- Contribution management (Polio Surge and OBR budget planning, Budget allocation, monitoring)
- Management of financial dashboard reports and Polio staffing quarterly dashboard
- Management of financial reports related to resource mobilization and donor reporting
- VISION support to fund management
- Cost distribution and payroll
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance/Accounts Management, or a related area of study is required.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: programme finance and budget management, operations, monitoring and reporting, public affairs, programme management, resource mobilization, external relations, or other relevant area is required
- Experience in managing donors and partnerships and multi-year grants is required, and experience working with UN agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th July, 2023 – W. Central Africa Standard Time.
NOTICE: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
⚡️ Advertise your products or business to our 9,500+ unique subscribers. More info.
⚡️ Join other students to learn, upskill & get certified on Future Syllabus. Start learning.
⚡️ Get your books on Amazon, Okadabooks, Kobo, Selar, etc with ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ Get your ISBN, Editing, Cover Design & other book services at ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ ️Publish your promotional content on any of our blogs at a discount. More info.