> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Daily Trust – Media Trust Limited is a media company engaged in Consultancy, Printing, and Publishing. The company believes in efficient, honest, and qualitative service to the customer. Using the latest technology and employing self-motivated workers, the company’s objective is to grow steadily into a world-class, integrated communication company.
Media Trust Limited, publishers of Daily Trust and Trust TV, is one of the leading players in the Nigeria Media Industry which reach millions of people through its Print, TV, and Digital platforms.
Daily Trust is currently recruiting talented, creative, and editorially sound candidates for the fresh job at Daily Trust – Media Trust Limited.
The Auditor will be responsible for effectively managing the company’s Internal Control/Audit function to ensure that it adds value to the group’s operations by providing an independent, cost effective and efficient internal audit service to all lines of business and the company’s operations, in a manner that will accomplish corporate objectives.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
SEE ALSO: Job Vacancy at Sahara Group
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, monitor and review departmental internal control policies, procedures and processes.
- Implement departmental internal control policies, procedures and processes.
- Establish an effective, efficient, and transparent system of internal control.
- Implement, monitor and report on departmental cost control system and fraud prevention plan.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop and direct comprehensive programme of audit assignments covering internal controls, regulatory compliance, evaluating the level of controls in relevant departments and related businesses of the company/group
- Ensure the reliability of financial and management accounts, and investigate sensitive and fraud-related issues;
- Maintain a continuous and effective working relationship with Board Audit committee,and other members of the Executive Management to deal with current and pertinent issues relating to improvement of internal controls, governance and risk management processes within the Group;
- Liaise with External Auditors, to coordinate and discuss audit and tax-related issues and resolves audit observations;
- Assist the organization units in developing their own self-audit
- Ensure that diverse audit engagements are performed in a systematic, disciplined approach and with proficiency and due professional care
- Ensure that auditors possess the knowledge, skills, and other competencies needed to perform their individual responsibilities, including sufficient knowledge to identify the indicators of fraud
- Ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal control, processes within the group
- Establish a comprehensive Audit Plan covering all the activities of the group, prioritizing the audit assignments based on a risk assessment, and scheduling of follow-up activities to carry out the responsibilities of the Group Audit, in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provide policies, procedures and audit programmes to guide the internal control and audit staff, in order that the objectives and technical aspects of control/ audit assignment can be met.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in related field
- A minimum of at least 3 years’ experience working practical experience in Internal Control and Audit
- Excellent communication skills to receive, interpret and convey information accurately and concisely
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Experience in internal control and auditing preferably in the media industry.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.