We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies. Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries-delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the fresh job at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI).
Programme Officer-PLANE DAI
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Jigawa, Kaduna | Nigeria
SEE ALSO: Job Vacancy at Dangote Group
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Nigeria PLANE will be a seven-year programme funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and represents one window of intervention in a broader package of investment intended to enable a more inclusive and effective basic education system.
- It seeks to do this through improvements made in teaching and learning, focusing on foundational skills in reading, writing and mathematics.
- It aims to unlock governance bottlenecks that support education service delivery improvement, improve the regulation of the non-state sector and embed the use of data and evidence in the programme and within the system.
- It has four primary outputs: (i) Teaching & Learning: Evidence-based teaching and learning approaches & materials in use in better-managed performance-focused schools and teaching colleges; (ii) Governance of state systems: Improved planning, personnel management and public financial management practices; (iii) Governance of non-state systems: Improved management and performance of the non-state sector; and (iv) Use of Evidence and Communication: Effective generation, communication and use of evidence to inform citizen engagement and improve service delivery. PLANE will work in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa, the South West, South East, and the federal capital territory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Programme Officer will provide extra support to the Output Leads and Reform Facilitators in coordinating their involvement and inputs with the state.
Other duties and responsibilities include;
- Support the engagement with PLANE, in conjunction with the State Team Lead.
- Participate in the development of the state level workplan, Implementation Plan and support in the implementation of output activities.
- Support and enhance program networks across state and ensuring regular exchange of best practices.
- Contribute to PLANE’s monitoring, evaluation and learning processes, including sharing and disseminating lessons learnt; and
- Contribute to PLANE’s reporting and other engagement with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Technical Leads, build and maintain partnerships and relationships with program partners.
- Support effective project management, coordination and provide support to partners on the project implementation procedure, data management and effective financial management.
- Provide support as needed, the preparation and timely submission of detailed reports by the partners on project activities on a quarterly and annual basis in compliance with project requirements.
- Support the development of annual, quarterly donor including management and updates.
- Participate in project monitoring and supportive supervision to partners, project sites and communities.
- Collate weekly activity workplan/calendar, weekly reports and monthly budget forecast from state output leads.
- Assist in collection of data to inform and support Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research related activities.
- Provide support to any other activity as may be assigned by State Team Lead
SEE ALSO: Latest Vacancy at Hewlett Packard – HP
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of a first degree in social sciences or related field.
- 3 -6years of experience in project management and operations.
- Previous experience managing programme for large multi-million-pound projects for FCDO and other donors.
- Build the capacity of the place teams to deliver on programme deliverables, reporting, financial management.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including strong reporting/presentation skills and familiarity with a wide range of IT applications
- Experience of contributing to complex programmes with international development agencies, FCDO is desirable;
- Experience of closely working with government departments at provincial and district level is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience of work in politically sensitive and volatile environments
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.