> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Applications are invited from interested candidates to apply for the graduate job at Dangote Group. Read the details below carefully:
Alternative Fuel & Raw Materials Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Ogun | Nigeria.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Job at UAC Foods Limited|
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and continuously evolve a strategic plan for the Dangote Cement Plant focused on increasing the usage of waste/biomass as alternative fuels and raw materials to drive optimization of cash costs at cement plant.
- Review and analyze alternative fuels and raw materials utilization/performance with an aim to enhance production output, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Ensure implementation of ISO Systems and Safety Rules and Regulations in the alternative fuels and raw materials unit.
- Ensure smooth running of alternative fuels and raw materials feeding system/unit equipment and auxiliaries in conjunction with kiln operators/maintenance department to achieve optimum thermal substitution rate (%TSR) and minimum down time in accordance with approval operations and quality norms.
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities with maintenance team to achieve the targeted key performance indicators such as overall efficiency and utilization of alternative fuels and raw materials in all kilns.
- Conduct root cause analysis for any stoppage of alternative fuels and raw materials pneumatic feeding systems and carry out preventive measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensure optimum parameters and effective utilization of manpower in alternative fuels and raw materials section.
- Build a strategic relationship with key industrial, farmers/waste generators.
- Drive the importance of alternative fuels and materials to stay in business in an emerging environment.
- Promote co-processing of waste with key stakeholders.
- Cost reduction by carrying out modification and improvements in the process.
- Keep accurate documentation and provide accurate feedback and reports on all activities.
- Troubleshoot operational problems and take actions to ensure sustained running of the alternative fuels and raw materials subunit.
- Perform root cause analysis of all failures/interruptions to avoid reoccurrences.
- Implementation of alternative fuels and raw materials/renewable energy strategies to reduce dependence on Natural Gas, Coal and other Fossil Fuels in the Clinker Manufacturing Process.
- Generate new waste stream opportunities, work closely with waste Dangote Cement Plant Transport team for the collection/evacuation of waste from source to the plant timely.
- Participate in alternative fuels and raw materials budget process related to plant’s alternative fuels and raw materials usage, support plant budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Liaise with the fleet team to achieve daily targets.
- Other additional assignments as entrusted by the Head of the Unit/section.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Job at Northwest Petroleum and Gas Company Ltd|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc. or HND in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in alternative fuel and raw materials coordination and Logistics Management.
Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge of the terrain for availability of Alternative fuels and raw materials.
- Ability to work in the filed to identify areas of Alternative fuels and raw materials.
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details and quality.
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing environment.
- Basic knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, MS Word and Project Management applications, etc.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.