Nominations are now being accepted for Her Abilities Awards 2020. Categories for nominations include Health and Education, Rights, Art, Culture and sports. The award is open to everybody.
Her Abilities is the first global award honouring women with disabilities who have achieved greatness in their life or field of work. It is a pioneering initiative, launched in 2018 by Light for the World along with Right Livelihood Award winner Yetnebersh Nigussie.
Deadline: September 27, 2020
According to opportunitydesk, women with disabilities are one of the most marginalised groups globally. Their leadership potential and contributions are so often ignored. Her Abilities aims to tell those stories which are too seldom told. By highlighting the achievements of women with disabilities, the Award aims to celebrate success; break down barriers in public perception, and build a strong network of women committed to the further pursuit of equality and excellence.
Categories for Her Abilities Awards 2020
Her Abilities will award the achievements of women with disabilities globally from the following three categories:
- Health & Education: Women with disabilities from the health or education sector.
- Rights: Women with disabilities from the advocacy and rights sector, who advocate for the rights of people with disabilities and their inclusion.
- Arts, Culture & Sports: Women with disabilities from the arts, culture and sports sectors.
Eligibility for Her Abilities Awards 2020
Everyone is eligible to nominate except members of the jury.
Women with disabilities from the age of 18 can be nominated.
Nominees must fit into one of the three categories mentioned above.
The jury will consider the following primary criteria in judging the winner:
- Impact: To what extent this person has achieved excellence in their life and field of work
- Recognition: If this person has an untold or underreported story which particularly deserves to be told
- Relevance: If this person’s story has a relevance to current rights and social debates, which could inspire others into action.
- In addition, the jury may, as a secondary consideration, look at the balance between the three category winners in any given year (including e.g. geographical spread, diversity in personal profiles, and types of achievement).
Before you proceed, kindly consider these opportunities below:
- AdamStart COVINATOR Teen Prize 2020
- UNICEF Internship Programme for All Nationalities, 2020
- How to apply for the ongoing 2020 Nigerian Police Recruitment
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB) AgriTech Epic Pitch 2020 for Entrepreneurs (₦1.5M Grant)
- Erupt! 2020 Art Competition ($8,000 in prizes)
- Know Innovate Transform (KIT) Impact Challenge 2020
How to Apply for Her Abilities Awards 2020
Nominations can be completed online. In case you find the online form difficult to use, you can also download it, fill it in, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominees and their nominators will be contacted by the ending of the judging process.
Meanwhile, The Financial Institutions Training Centre is accepting submissions from undergraduates in tertiary institutions for its 2020 Youth Connect Essay Challenge. Prizes include $1500 cash, laptops for three winners and mentorship.
You may also take interest in OPEC Fund for International Development OFID Internship Programme 2020 for International Students. The program is open to all applicants, between 20 and 30 years of age, university students who are about to graduate or who have just graduated from university (undergraduate program).
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App