Have you ever been in an awkward situation where you got debited from your GTBank debit card on the ATM or POS without dispensing cash or completing transaction? This is how to get your money back.
A dispense error happens when a customer’s account is debited without actually dispensing cash or completing a transaction.
These simple steps highlighted below will help you resolve dispense errors quickly and easily without even visiting your bank. Please follow the steps carefully.
- Log on to your internet banking profile at www.gtbank.com
- Select CARDS
- Select DISPENSE ERROR
- Select the account and channel where this error happened
- Complete the form that appears with all the necessary details of the transaction.
- Provide the answer to your SECRET QUESTION
- Select CONTINUE
- Select SUBMIT
If you are not with an internet-enabled phone at the moment, you can call any of the numbers at the back of your debit card to lodge your complain and follow due prompts provided to you.
Please note that:
- Dispense Errors that occur on a GTBank terminal usually take 24 hours for a reversal.
- Dispense Errors that occur on other banks’ terminal usually take between 5-8 working days for a reversal.
- International dispense errors can take up to 45 days for a resolution
For more clarification, watch the video below
For questions, log on to any of their pages on various social media platforms e.g Facebook, Twitter etc and chat with their customer representative.