As announced that the 2021 voters registration exercise will commence on Monday 28 June 2021 with a newly launched online portal, here are few things you need to know about the online registration.
A brief statement on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)'s official Facebook page indicates that the portal, http://www.cvr.inecnigeria.org/, will go live on Monday, June 28, when the online registration is scheduled to commence.
Mahmood Yakubu, INEC chairman told journalists in Abuja on Thursday, June 24, that the portal was launched for prospective registrants to commence the process online and book an appointment to visit INEC office to conclude it,
How to Register for voters card online in simple steps
- Prospective registrants are to go online to perform a pre-registration using the URL: https://cvr.inec.gov.ng or https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Registrant shall first create an account on the portal using a valid email address to enable him/her to commence the pre-registration process
- Upon creating the account, an account activation link will be sent to the email address provided during account registration
- Click on the provided link to activate and continue with your pre-registration
- Each registrant shall fill an online form with the relevant and necessary information
- After filling the form, the registrant shall select a convenient date and time when he would want to visit the registration centre for biometric capture to complete his/her registration.
- The registrant shall click on the submit button to complete his/her pre-registration, and after a successful submission, an Application Slip containing his/her Application ID, a QR code and relevant details will be generated
- Print your Application Slip, which contains an application number, QR Code, and other details
- Visit an INEC registration centre on the scheduled date of appointment with the printed application slip for biometric capture
- A Registration slip will be issued to you after the successful completion of your registration to be used to collect your Permanent Voters' Card (PVC)
Meanwhile, those who are already registered as voters can also carry out all the other activities such as transfers, correction of personal details and replacement of damaged or defaced PVCs online.
Subscribe below to receive our recommended opportunities every Monday.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.