> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion, and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies that are leaders in their market.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job recruitment at Oando Plc.
Public Relations & Internal Communications Associate
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria
SEE ALSO: Career Opportunities at KPMG Nigeria
- Responsible for the successful development and implementation of approved PR and Internal Communications Strategy.
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting day-to-day management of PR & Internal Communications initiatives.
- The Associate will be expected to work with a range of internal personnel and manage 3rd party Agencies for successful achievement of objectives.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Development of Oando’s PR strategy.
- Support in the development of Oando’s Internal Communications strategy.
- Lead the implementation of the Company’s approved PR & Internal Communications strategy.
- Proactive and random checks of different media platforms to ensure deployed content is on brand, factually and grammatically correct.
- Manage annual PR & Internal Communications budget.
- Utilize performance data from Internal Communications and PR campaigns to act as a guide for future campaigns
- Development of high-level reports for HCC showcasing performance data and implications for future campaigns
- Annual review of PR and Advertising Agencies to determine continuation of services in the new year – use data as basis for recommendation on whether to retain Agency or not.
- Manage pitch and selection process for new agencies.
- Supervise timely completion of RAG (Red, Amber & Green) work/project plans.
- Daily tracking of RAG work plans to ensure flawless execution of weekly tasks to ensure timelines are not missed and issues are identified in advance.
- Maintain standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Foster and maintain close relationships with key journalists and other influential contacts within the media as appropriate.
- Solely responsible for managing bespoke media handler.
- Review content developed by PR Agency to ensure alignment with Company’s strategic positioning.
- Review and approve designs / creatives developed by internal graphic artists and Advertising Agencies to ensure they address brief and stakeholder pain points for Manager’s final approval as the case may be.
- Manage development and execution of employee engagement initiatives to foster brand affinity.
- Develop and oversee execution of PR plans for medium scale initiatives.
- Proactive media monitoring (both online and mainstream) with the goal of alerting HCC to potential issues / crisis.
- Development of annual thought leadership piece for the Financial Times, amongst others.
- Review of all PR & Internal Communication Policies and Processes
- Plan annual media parleys for CAMCAN and NAEC members as well as media rounds.
- Based on identified and potential risks develop detailed scenario plans.
Other duties as directed and required by the Company.
Key Performance Indicators:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Extent to which brand values, brand story, initiatives and achievements are positively reinforced on internal and media platforms (print, broadcast and digital).
- Quality of PR initiatives deployed across all engagement mediums.
- Quantity and quality of mileage received on print, broadcast and digital platforms.
- Growth in employee engagement internally.
- Improvement in employee affinity to brand.
- Increase in positive perception and dialogue on internal and external platforms.
- Growth in internal brand ambassadors.
- Effective management of PR & Internal Communications team.
- Development of members of the PR & Internal Communications team.
- Cost effectiveness of internal and PR efforts.
- Effectiveness of partnerships with 3rd party Agencies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any subject, preferably in the Social Sciences, Administration or Humanities
- 8 years’ work experience in Marketing Communications
- A strong understanding and work experience in PR – at least 8 years’ experience
- A good understanding and some work experience in internal communications, branding and social media would be advantageous.
- Experience in the development of tactical strategies and campaigns
- Database of media contacts and strong relationships with key print and broadcast media personnel.
- Experience in crisis management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong content development skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Proven ability to comfortably operate within a complex environment and prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Deadline: Not Specified
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.