> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Nestoil Plc was incorporated in Nigeria in 1991 for the provision of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services to the energy and oil & gas industry.
Since then, Nestoil has grown to become the leading indigenous EPC provider for major IOCs (International Oil Companies) in Sub-Saharan Africa like National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell, Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Total, etc. Employing highly dedicated, skilled and goal-driven professionals and using unique and innovative technology, Nestoil Plc delivers excellent, first class and cost effective solutions to industry problems.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest vacancy at NestOil Plc.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
SEE ALSO: Job Opening at Sahara Group
In this role, you will be responsible for proper bookkeeping, providing financial support to the Financial Controller and Operations to ensure that accurate and timely monthly management accounts are produced, and significant business decisions are given proper financial consideration towards the achievement of the company’s financial and corporate objectives. Also, provide management with timely periodic financial reports and models to assist in decision-making.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
As a Management Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as a focal point of contact for strategic business meetings and financial reports of assigned job areas.
- Preparing fit-for-purpose financial models for assigned job areas to assist in financial decision making.
- Ensuring Financial Procedures, Internal Controls, and applicable company policies are complied with always.
- Undertaking financial planning, forecasting and monitoring of results versus objectives of assigned job areas.
- Assisting in preparation and consolidation of the annual Budget (Plan) and Rolling Forecasts and review of same with management.
- Participating in assigned client contracts and bids review to ensure compliance with the minimum standard as stipulated by the company and bids and tender policies.
- Preparing Management Accounts and related monthly reporting of assigned jobs, and other periodic Financial Reports as may be required from time to time.
- Preparing monthly Financial Performance Report (MPR) and Balance Sheet Notes of assigned job areas.
- Assisting in year-end statutory audit, answering auditor queries and agreeing to audit adjustments for assigned job areas.
- Anchoring periodic Internal Audits, answering and clearing out audit queries.
- Anchoring timely generation of Fund Memos with retirements.
- Drive profitability and cost control consciousness within the business.
- Escalate issues that may be of potential risk to the business as appropriate.
- Providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements.
mentoring and developing other team members.
- Supervising and coordinating periodic Inventory Count and Fixed Assets verification exercises in line with the Finance manual (Policies and procedures).
- Reviewing of processes and recommendations for improvement.
- Anchoring PorL reporting and analysis of projects as may be required.
- Ensuring strict adherence to HSE policies and procedures
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum HND/BSc in Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role preferably in the Marine/Oil & Gas Industry
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Experience and knowledge in budgeting, cost accounting, consolidation, performance reporting and financial analysis
- Strong numeric, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of automated financial reporting systems. Sound knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to function independently and in a team (team player) with good interpersonal skills
- Display of high accuracy of output and attention to details
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.