|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
The British Council is committed to supporting all staff to make sure their behavior is consistent with this commitment. We create a friendly environment for our staff and high incentive.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of Resource and Administrative Assistant at British Council. See below.
Administrative and Resource Assistant
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
|SEE ALSO: Graduate Job at the US Embassy|
- To provide logistical and administrative support to the FCR programmes managed through the Abuja office that will enable the programmes to achieve their outcomes and targets including close collaboration with the State Offices.
Includes but not limited to the following:
- The post-holder supports all administrative processes affecting the arrival, presence and exit of programme staff (internal and external) to ensure they can carry out their duties effectively
- To support the effective delivery of the programme through knowledge of key processes and official organizations applicable to incoming international staff including immigration, National Planning Commission (NPC) residence registration, driving licences, etc.
- Lead in documenting appropriate processes/procedures for various residence permits for visiting
- international staff and consultants
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key individuals who facilitate the official status of expatriate staff in country
- Facilitating all clearances necessary to ensure effective entry, presence and exit of international staff and consultants
- Make key programme policy documents available to visitors, e.g. Equality policy; IT Usage Policy Code of Conduct and ensuring that necessary papers/documents required from visiting consultants/staff are submitted on time and filed appropriately
- Develop and update data of various contact details of the hotels and ticketing agents used by the programme (including immigration and National Planning Commission)
- Lead in providing timely data on costs (hotel accommodation, hall/venue and flight) to the technical team to support preparation of budgets and analysis of VFM ratios
- Line management of Abuja Driver/Office Assistants including overseeing the maintenance office of the vehicle fleet and ensuring that drivers complete and record details of all the vehicle safety checks.
- Provide support to the Procurement & Facilities Manager around Inventories, Procurement, Office and Residential issues etc including being the first contact point for any maintenance issues required at the office or any of the residences.
- Ensure that appropriate service contracts are in place for the state office and necessary services of the equipment are carried out in line with the agreed schedule.
- Programme team and external contacts are satisfied with logistical and administrative support.
- Financial administration is prompt and in line with British Council and EU standards.
- All logistic arrangements for staff, consultants and visitors are made in accordance with agreed standards, in good time and communicated effectively to the persons concerned
- Effective relationships are maintained with external contacts in relation to visit management, visas, flight bookings etc.
- Positive feedback from visitors and other team members about arrangements for workshops and Events.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Job at Unilever Nigeria|