The African Development Bank (AfDB) serves as a financial institution for African governments and private enterprises that invest in the bank’s regional member countries (RMCs). Originally based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, the bank’s headquarters shifted to Tunis, Tunisia, amidst the civil conflict in Cote d’Ivoire.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of financial assistant at African Development Bank – AfDB.
Financial Modeling Assistant (Short Term Staff)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- The Vice-Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure, and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Bank’s Non-Sovereign Operations and Private Sector Support Department of the Bank (PINS) is to promote private sector in Regional Member Countries, ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
- As part of the PINS Department, the Strategy and Transaction Support Division (PINS1) is responsible for preparing strategies, policies, guidelines, and analytical tools relevant to the sector; it also ensures global client management and undertakes specialized assignments for the Regions, providing ad hoc advice on transaction bankability, structuring, project modelling and designs and implements technical assistance for Private Sector operations.
Under the Supervision of the Division Manager, the Financial Modeling Assistant will perform the following:
- Maintain the investment analysis and modelling platform for all private sector transactions.
- Analyze historical and projected financial results.
- Perform comprehensive review of third-party financial models.
- Construct project financial models that meets f1f9 or SMART standards.
- Collect and analyze data on the Bank projects/corporate portfolio.
- Provide support on the preparation of periodic and ad ’hoc reports.
- Maintain the project activities requests and response tracking database.
- Analyze transaction requests data and arrange follow up and reporting actions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hold a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or a related field.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in financial analysis and modeling.
- Ability to manage simultaneous and changing demands and priorities as well as tight deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of private sector operations, particularly the information required for project cycle activities.
- A high sense of initiative, enthusiasm and good team spirit, good organizational and interpersonal skills are strongly desired.
- High level of discretion and sense of diplomacy within a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Operational effectiveness in managing internal and external requests.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access). Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
Deadline: January 12, 2024
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.