As telecommunication companies in Nigeria are being mandated by NCC to block all Sim cards without NIN, here is how you can link your NIN with your MTN line from the comfort of your home.
Before proceeding to link your NIN with your mobile number, you have to first check if the NIN is already linked or not. If already linked, no action is required to be taken by you. If not, you will have to dial a USSD code to retrieve your NIN and then follow the procedure below to link it to your number.
Click here to learn how to check if your Sim card (MTN, GLO, Airtel, Etisalat) is already linked with your NIN.
To link your National Identification Number (NIN) with your MTN SIM, kindly follow the simple steps below:
- dial *346# (costs N20) to retrieve your NIN (if you have it),
- write down the eleven-digit number somewhere.
- Visit http://mtnonline.com/nim/ to submit your NIN alongside other details.
- You’ll receive an OTP code to finalise your submission.
- MTN will then proceed with their verification.
If you haven’t registered for the NIN, here is the Full list of NIN enrolment centres in Nigeria. You are advised to visit one and register.