The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) was founded in 1919 in Paris in the aftermath of World War I. The war had shown a need for close cooperation between Red Cross Societies, which, through their humanitarian activities on behalf of prisoners of war and combatants, had attracted millions of volunteers and built a large body of expertise.
A devastated Europe could not afford to lose such a resource. It was Henry Davison, president of the American Red Cross War Committee, who proposed forming a federation of these National Societies.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Job at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
Assistant, CSP Program
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
SEE ALSO: Fresh Vacancy at Airtel Nigeria
- The CSP Programme Assistant, under the leadership of the Health Coordinator – Abuja Cluster, will support the coordination and implementation of all CSP activities, working closely with the NCDC, Federal Ministry of Health, Federal Ministry of Water Resources, and other key stakeholders in Nigeria.
- Specifically, s/he will ensure effective linkages, communication, and collaboration with relevant stakeholders and the IFRC Cluster Office, while providing comprehensive programmatic and technical support to achieve the CSP and NCP objectives in line with the Global Roadmap.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The CSP Programme Assistant – Nigeria is responsible for:
- Provide programmatic and technical assistance in the implementation of the CSP activities and support strengthening of multisectoral engagement in achieving Global Roadmap.
- Support in the planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities and ensure adequate follow-up of CSP programme implementation tailored to operational plans.
- Support the development of tools, templates, standard operating procedures, and training materials – drafting and reviewing exist technical documents.
- Contribute to identifying gaps in NCP implementation in collaboration with the technical manager.
- Provide support with monitoring national cholera epidemiological data and indicators for analysis and early detection disease outbreaks and/or epidemics.
- Remain informed on current programs in cholera control by review of current literatures and stakeholder’s activities and remain alert to any implication of such strategic information for CSP program activities.
- Represent CSP at cholera technical working group and respective pillar meetings, other relevant meetings, events and forums as required.
- Serve a focal point with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control activities on Public Health emergencies.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
- Organize the administrative preparation of internal and external meetings, including preparation of TORs/concept notes, invitations, cost estimates and travel requests, and ensure the required clearances.
- Attend meetings and prepares meeting notes, meeting reports (syntheses, summaries, agreements, and action points for follow-up), upon request identify meeting content.
- Ensure adequate and timely activity implementation through periodic work plan review, processing fund requests, monitoring of expenditure and initiating corrective actions to mitigate financial risk to the organization and adherence to donor and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Facilitate and monitor procurement and distribution of need-based consumables and commodities for programming.
- Manage the CSP office inventory stocks and archives in collaboration with IFRC cluster administration department.
- Keep the various operational file holders informed of requests and upcoming commitments and deadlines.
- Perform other administration duties as assigned by line manager.
- Provide support in drafting, editing, and preparing presentations, correspondence and other communications when required.
- Support knowledge management systems and file.
- Maintain a central filing system for the operational team coordinate with archives and records ensuring all key documents are accessible and appropriately archived for all CSP-related activities.
- Be accountable to line manager by providing progress report on results against objectives.
- Foster a co-creative environment with colleagues at NCDC and other line ministries, IFRC and the National Societies with open and cooperative view to the actors in the relevant external environment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant university degree in Medicine, Health management, public health, or other related fields.
- Postgraduate degree related to health or communicable disease prevention and control
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in health programming including cholera programs
- Experience working with international and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience working in communicable disease prevention and control.
- Experience in writing reports, case studies, and M&E
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and multisectoral environment
SEE ALSO: Graduate Job at UAC Foods Limited
- Experience facilitating and running workshops/trainings
- Experience of working with National Societies
Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-supporting in computers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Motivated, self-starter personality, sense of responsibility, and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Good negotiation skills, good judgment, and maturity
- Good knowledge of the operational context and area
- Flexibility and ability to travel in the operation’s areas.
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel and PPT
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Fluently spoken and written French
Competences and Values:
- National Society relations
- Communication – Teamwork
- Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity
- Results focus and accountability.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.